• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What is the value of a v code 71 cuda

Steve sedlacek

Reaction score
i have an opportunity to buy a real v code cuda. It has correct replacement block and has had the quarters replaced the rest of the car is original and it has been painted once. It is a bench seat with buddy seat( owner says that is rare) It is column shift automatic one of eight with bench seat. Not that up on Cudas was wondering what you think. The car is in above average not quite show quality

rklein71

Reaction score
Hagerty insurance has a collector car value checker. Really hard to determine exact value but it is a starting point.

crocha617

Reaction score
A picture or two would help. Is it complete & running and driving? Is it an original bill board car? Is the fender tag and/or broadcast sheet there? All are major factors. If the answer is yes to all of the above it's probably worth $75k minimum.

Steve sedlacek

Reaction score
A picture or two would help. Is it complete & running and driving? Is it an original bill board car? Is the fender tag and/or broadcast sheet there? All are major factors. If the answer is yes to all of the above it's probably worth $75k minimum.
It is complete, it is a original billboard car,yes fender tag and broadcast sheet

crocha617

Reaction score
Rare isn't always desireable. Some guys like bench seat column cars but it'd be way more desireable and valuable if it was a 4 speed.

rklein71

Reaction score
I had a fellow mopar friend who's mom had a v-code convertible four speed 71 Cuda back in the 1980 time frame, among other rare mopars. I had no idea how rare that car was then. I have his phone number, but haven't called to see if the car is still in the family, partly because I know that they know how much the car is worth and their is no way I could afford it. Rod

jeff968

Reaction score
When Galan states the totals they are totals known. There may be more.

Correct, the only way to know exactly how many of the 71 440-6 auto hardtops had column shift is to have info on all 129 of them. People always have Galan's info quoted incorrectly.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hagerty Values Listed for a 71 Cuda 440-6
  • #1 Concours $133,000
  • #2 Excellent $104,000
  • #3 Good$ $75,800
  • #4 Fair $49,800
Value Adjustments
For Hemi cpe: -$57,000 for auto trans. For Hemi conv: -$150,000 for auto trans. +10% for 4-spd. Colors can make an astonishing difference in both value and salability.
Hope this helps!

Dino2 (1).gif

aussiemark

Reaction score
Replacement block and non original rear quarters are not desirable so they will devalue it a bit, Tor Red paint and build sheet are pluses I would say @ 90k.

Steve sedlacek

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and I am very excited.
Bench seat armrest v code cuda!!!!!!
Never in my wildest dreams would I think I could own a car like this

0AE0F6B4-108E-4B06-9EA5-D7FB5FE61D12.jpeg

Back