• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for past owners of my ‘70 Challenger

MattR

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Looking for information and history on my 1970 Dodge Challenger. I already have the vin and tags decided but no build sheet, just looking for anyone who may have known/owned this car.

It was assembled in Hamtramck Michigan and the previous owner told me it lived and raced most of its life in Tennessee, I think, according to the guy he bought it off of. It was originally a 340 automatic in Burnt Auburn Metallic and was an A66 car with rallye hood. Standard dash, non A/C car with manual locks and windows. It was once painted limelight and then plum crazy.

When I bought it in 94 it had a ‘68 383 and was a column shift that was converted to a floor shifter. The vin is JH23H0B253570. I’m looking for anything I can get including where it was bought from. Can anyone out here help me out? Thanks!

163A13E4-B112-4D8A-A885-1FD0AE8C215C.jpeg

B2088EC3-3AD9-4BAA-9774-EA5EFA494986.jpeg

8F933CD9-6164-4D5A-A7AE-6262F4FDBFB9.jpeg

CE4EB878-22E9-4057-9DB6-55DEC9FBB22F.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Are you going to restore it back to original? What’s the build date on the tag? Burnt orange is a fantastic color on these cars.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Are you going to restore it back to original? What’s the build date on the tag? Burnt orange is a fantastic color on these cars.

Absolutely agree, FK5 Dark Burnt Orange Metallic is one of my top choices of color for these cars. Especially with the matching interior, not real fond of black interiors, but that's just my personal tastes.

MattR

Reaction score
Build date is February 17th. It’s definitely going back to original color and engine! There aren’t enough FK5, A66 340 cars out there. I also have reason to believe this car might be one of 12 Challengers Mr. Norm put a supercharger in. He saw the cutouts on the core support and holes in the inner fender and said it looks like one of his supercharger jobs, which would explain why so much was missing from the car when I bought it. He said he only did a dozen because they weren’t profitable and too difficult to supercharge.

340challconvert

Reaction score
MattR, by the way

:welcome: to FEBO
Glad you are going to return the Challenger back to what it was with the correct engine and original color. I am a big fan of the A66 Challengers. Great cars with the small block and fun to drive.
Good luck with your project and finding out information about your car.
Dino2 (2).gif

mark imbronone

Reaction score
I to have a 1970 plumb crazy challenger. I would love to know who's owned it in the past, or even what dealership it came from.
So far nothing. 340 A66 are great. Good luck with your project.

MattR

Reaction score
I to have a 1970 plumb crazy challenger. I would love to know who's owned it in the past, or even what dealership it came from.
So far nothing. 340 A66 are great. Good luck with your project.
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Back