• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

The useless thread

aussiemark

Reaction score
Never seen snow lived on the west coast of Australia my whole life been to Japan but that was in the spring so no snow. When I was young had a job harvesting produce in the north west remember some days it would be over 125 degrees and we would do 10 hour shifts out in the sun all day think I would die if I tried that again.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I had the opposite experience
As a young mechanic / gas jockey I had the privilege of pumping gas in snow storms (gas pumps did not have the overhead coverage that gas stations have today. Did I mention this was during the night shift at 3 am in the morning?

And even more fun; putting a car up on a lift to change oil or trans fluid with snow and water dripping in your face even though it was inside the garage- Pure Joy!!!:(

Dino2 (2).gif

moparlee

Reaction score
Just finished blowing out 12" of new snow here in mid Michigan. Haven't had much snow here since Nov. Today wind chill is going to be -20F and tomorrow -35F. Time to hunker down.

wedg2go

Reaction score
Bright and sunny today with a little "Nip" in the air. High just above freezing.

Looked at the weekly forecast, since I have a vested interest in it, only to find we are headed into the 40s for the highs. Summer is on the way boys and girls! Hang in there!

wedg2go

Reaction score
And here I thought "Lizards" were cold blooded and hibernate during the cold winter months. Even large, extinct ones! ;)

340challconvert

Reaction score
Weather is getting strange
A snow squall came in within minutes today. Check out before and after within a 5 minute time frame
IMG_4217.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg

getPart

getPart

IMG_4220.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I just looked that up.
Interesting. Do you use that with or subtitute for Carrots?
With carrots, I slice them both up into thick coins. Here it is.
1 whole chicken into a large pot with enough water to cover it and then some, bring to a boil and keep it rolling. Skim the foam off as it comes to the top and add the parsley root to it once the foam stops forming. I usually use 1 bunch which around here is 3 or 4 carrot sized roots but sometimes if they’re small I use 2 bunches. The flavor is amazing so it’d be tough to use too much imo.. once you’ve added the parsley root(I start cleaning and cutting the veggies while the chicken is boiling) you can chop up the carrots, around twice as much as the parsley or more and add those and just let it boil for about an hour after you put the root in. Chop up a bunch of celery, I do a little less then the carrots. Add those and give it another 45 minutes to boil and I save the salt and pepper for the bowl.
After it’s done boiling you have to fish out all of the chicken and it’s bones onto the cutting board and finish getting rid of the bones. I add chicken from the board into my bowl along with klusky noodles and enjoy! That’s how us polocks do it!:thumbsup:

wedg2go

Reaction score
Well I'm bummed!

Our trip to go back to AZ and report for "Grandparent Duty" has been cut due to the fact our motor home wasn't (isn't) ready. Murphy's law took affect. Seems installing our new leveling system hit a few snags. Surprise-Surprise!

Back