• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mine since new!

1971cudadude

Reaction score
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
Here are some photos of my 71 ragtop Barracuda.

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

cudapaul

Reaction score
Very , nice .....Can you give us a little background on the car ...?

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. Nice Barracuda, sure can tell it's always been in Kansas. Still just like back in the day with the whitewalls, small stainless mud flaps and hitch.

1971cudadude

Reaction score
Thanks. I bought this car new in January of 1972. It was a carry-over. The dealer had 4 new cars in their showroom: the Barracuda,a blue Superbird (both carry overs) and 2 1972 Plymouths. I bought the Barracuda. I never even gave the Superbird much thought. If i knew then what I know now ----. I knew that 71 was the last year for convertibles so we didn't drive it much. The car is pretty much original with only the top and the driver seat replaced. I was sure I needed a trailer hitch so I build one. Kinda dumb on my part. The mud flaps were an effort to keep gravel off of the rear quarters very ineffective. I like white walls and this car came new with double thin white walls BF Goodrich fiberglass belted tires. G78 X14. The car always starts right up and the engine runs strong with no noise. I wish I would have had a garage to put the car in when I first bought it. The garage came 8 years later.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
What a sweet looking car you've got and a great history with it, congrats!
Have you added it to any registry? We have a member here that stops in every once in a while that runs an E-body convertible registry that's quite extensive and yours should be on it. His name is Ola and I believe he goes by Cudaized.

1971cudadude

Reaction score
What a sweet looking car you've got and a great history with it, congrats!
Have you added it to any registry? We have a member here that stops in every once in a while that runs an E-body convertible registry that's quite extensive and yours should be on it. His name is Ola and I believe he goes by Cudaized.
I would like to get my car in the registry. How do I contact him?

/sixchall

Reaction score
image.png
That's a great looking Barracuda you have there. Since new, a real feather in your cap. Love the orange exterior and orange interior, and you've kept it a flat hood w/ factory side rub strips, white side walls what a beauty. I've had my '70 Dodge Challenger since early 1973. I purchased it as a used car w/ 40K miles on it from a Dodge dealership here in SoCal. It is a first day of production build from LA plant, #113. Thanks, Al

lastcuda

Reaction score
I couldn't help noticing the trailer hitch. I built one to go on my 74 so I could pull a motorcycle trailer and then the bass boat I bought in 77. I was running
Thrush mufflers bolted to the headers and no pipes so I ran the braces to the frame through the cut-outs. Finally got a pick-up about 78 and retired the Cuda from towing service!! Nice car you've got there too. Welcome to the site and the One Owners Club. (That's not a real thing; I just made that up)

Back