• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Barracuda fenders AMD or Goodmark

gccuda

Reaction score
Ok been awhile since Ive been here .hope I can get some great imput ??? Looking at replacing the front fenders on a 1970 barracuda . So what ones are best AMD or Goodmark looking for the pros and cons on both .

moparleo

Reaction score
AMD, no question. Better stampings/molds. Better fit. Certified by Mopar as a restoration part. Never said perfect. Even the factory had to fit parts on the line.
Not cheap, but the better parts never are.
  • 1970 Plymouth Barracuda
Short Description:
New reproduction front fender for the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Each fender is manufactured on our new tooling and features original body lines, braces, marker light holes, and headlamps buckets. Like all AMD parts, these fenders arrive in a black EDP Coat finish and will require standard prep work prior to paint.

Note: These fenders will require two holes to be drilled for the installation of the headlamp bezel. This will allow for correct placement of the headlight bezel and avoid fighting with improperly placed holes. These fenders will also require modification where the bumper filler meets the fender below the headlight. With the fender mounted and the header panel in place, the holes for the bumper filler can be located and drilled to accept a sheet metal screw.

Mopar Authentic Restoration
MOPAR, DODGE, PLYMOUTH, and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of Chrysler Group LLC and used under license by Auto Metal Direct © 2016 Chrysler Group LLC.

Last edited:

Xcudame

Reaction score
I agree with Moparleo, AMD for certain without hesitation. Like the description Moparleo posted, the headlight bezels and bumper filler were drilled on the assembly line, so it varies from vehicle to vehicle.

JKCuda

Reaction score
AMD for sure, but after restoring mine with all AMD parts over the last year, don't be surprised to experience some fitment issues here and there. They are really close, but some of the pieces just weren't great.

With that being said, my AMD fenders fit well.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I bought AMD sheet metal; better quality specific to detail. For example, I purchased quarter panel patches for my Challenger, both an AMD and Goodmark panel. Less details with the Gmark, bends were not as crisp and less coverage on the quarter. Buy AMD; worth the xtra $.

Back