• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

resq302

Reaction score
Everything is covered in this thread if anyone is truly interested in learning the facts related to the project.

Exactly, Dave. You've been posting everything out there that you have done to the car documenting everything along the way. You have perfect transparency with this project.

Ray

Reaction score
Now it seems like you are answering your own questions. lol

i can see where it would seem that way. much clearer now that he explained the cowl issue. Nice talking to you.

ECS

Reaction score
Exactly, Dave. You've been posting everything out there that you have done to the car documenting everything along the way. You have perfect transparency with this project.

Correct. Anyone would be a fool or a blatant liar to say that this project has been anything other than what I have said it is.

Ray

Reaction score
Yes "ray". It was answered on November 7, 2013 and can be found on the second page of this thread.
Like I said earlier as much as I like a good read I'm not going thru almost forty pages. I still have a problem with the vin and How it's titled but im sure that's a story for another day. I'll be waiting as you posted earlier how that works out.

Ray

Reaction score
Correct. Anyone would be a fool or a blatant liar to say that this project has been anything other than what I have said it is.

Never said any of that. So again unclench your butt . Life's to short.

oh by the way have you been over on Fabo someone posted pics of the 75 cuda.

Last edited:

ECS

Reaction score
....I still have a problem with the vin and How it's titled.......

You ought to follow the words in your signature statement about "the less you know........" You have no absolutely no idea how anything was done with a Title, so how could you possibly have a "problem" with it?

resq302

Reaction score
I still have a problem with the vin and How it's titled......

Well, I guess that's not for you to decide, Ray. That would be Chrysler or Dave's states DMV to decide if there will be or won't be a problem. I'm sure Dave has gotten all of the proper permission and such prior to even starting this project.

Ray

Reaction score
No it's not for me to decide your correct. Just interested in how it plays out is all.

Ray

Reaction score
You ought to follow the words in your signature statement about "the less you know........" You have no absolutely no idea how anything was done with a Title, so how could you possibly have a "problem" with it?
And that statement would be incorrect.
I don't know how yours was obtained that was and still is the question. I understand how the process works

resq302

Reaction score
I'm sure its going to "play out" like a well orchestrated performance at Carnegie Hall. Again, seeing how Dave does his research with everything before he undergoes a project, I'm sure everything is well in place and all set. Be it decals, exhaust, whatever.

Last edited:

ECS

Reaction score
I don't know how yours was obtained that was and still is the question.

And exactly how would knowing anything about my specific scenario benefit you?

Ray

Reaction score
I'm sure its going to "play out" like a well orchestrated performance at Carnegie Hall. Again, seeing how Dave does his research with everything before he undergoes a project, I'm sure everything is well in place and all set. Be it decals, exhaust, whatever.

I'm sure. Like I said the work is first class. The rest well everyone's projects have there share of fans and critics. And then there's me!

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Question/statment for ECS on Vin #.
I have to assume this build was never intended to be driven on the open road. That said any vin regardless of origin is irrelevant. It could be hiroglifics and still be correct. Correct?
I don't see any vin numbers on the artwork hanging on my wall.
Not necessary...

I for one have watched this entire build progress and have thoroughly enjoyed it from the mechanical aspect. Any expectations that it would be registered for street use would be an assumption reaching too far.

Mike

Last edited:

ECS

Reaction score
Question/statment for ECS on Vin #.
I have to assume this build was never intended to be driven on the open road. That said any vin regardless of origin is irrelevant. It could be hiroglifics and still be correct. Correct?

Mike

Hi Mike! Due to a recent "anonymous inquiry" about the origin of the VIN for this vehicle, I have decided to have it registered and Titled. It will be as legitimate as any other car that is legally driven on the public roads. I will also be making up an Invoice, Broadcast Sheet, Window Sticker, Traveler Sheet and Owner's Manual specific to this car. It will look as original and authentic as the paperwork that came with any Chrysler in 1970. Keep in mind that it will be a fabrication of paperwork that never would or could have existed.

You are also correct about the VIN. It is specific to this vehicle and represents nothing more than the symbols it will be registered with.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

"Keep in mind that it will be a fabrication of paperwork that never would or could have existed."
Much like the entire build. Makes sense to me.

Registration would then just be an added bonus...

Mike

Ray

Reaction score
Hi Mike! Due to a recent "anonymous inquiry" about the origin of the VIN for this vehicle, I have decided to have it registered and Titled. It will be as legitimate as any other car that is legally driven on the public roads. I will also be making up an Invoice, Broadcast Sheet, Window Sticker, Traveler Sheet and Owner's Manual specific to this car. It will look as original and authentic as the paperwork that came with any Chrysler in 1970. Keep in mind that it will be a
fabrication of paperwork that never would or could have existed.

You are also correct about the VIN. It is specific to this vehicle and represents
nothing more than the symbols it will be registered with.

Thanks, that's all I asked for a straight forward answer to a question.

Mr.Anonymous

Back