• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

ECS

Reaction score
You said you used the a and b pillars what car body did you fabricate them to fit on is the question I am asking.

I have no crony are you psychotic. Or suffer from paranoid delusions? I'm asking basic questions as to the vin. If others have asked the same question. I don't know or care. What's the mystery. Is it a tribute modified reconstruction. I sure don't see it as new car construction.

Sure you're interested in the VIN! Don't worry yourself about it "ray" or "tom" or who ever else you are posting under. Stay "amused" and don't lose any sleep over over my project.

resq302

Reaction score
Who cares what the VIN will or won't be. The car is coming along beautifully. Would the VIN make the car any less of a work of art?

I know of some cars out there that DON'T have a VIN on the car and have had to have the state DMV have the State Police affix one to the car. Does that make the car any less of a vehicle? Will the car not go and stop as a car should? Would it not have a working speedometer? Seriously people, unless you plan on buying the car, who cares what the VIN will / won't be?

Ray

Reaction score
So another words you can't or won't answer a simple question? By the way I've been a member on this site longer then you. I represent myself.

If others have asked the same question why not a direct answer?

Ray

Reaction score
Who cares what the VIN will or won't be. The car is coming along beautifully. Would the VIN make the car any less of a work of art?

I know of some cars out there that DON'T have a VIN on the car and have had to have the state DMV have the State Police affix one to the car. Does that make the car any less of a vehicle? Will the car not go and stop as a car should? Would it not have a working speedometer? Seriously people, unless you plan on buying the car, who cares what the VIN will / won't be?[/

Of course you can get the dmv to issue a vin. Generally reconstructed or salvage car. Makes a Hugh difference in value regardless of the work.That's my question how did he obtain the one he has. Simple question. Just seems to me it should be from the donor As for the quality of work I said it already it's first class.

ECS

Reaction score
Who cares what the VIN will or won't be.

It's nothing but a ploy to try and twist the scenario into some type of VIN scam. What person has nothing better to do with their life, than to look for trouble with a project that has no effect on them whatsoever?

Notice where he asked what "car body did you fabricate them to fit". (Referencing the A & B Pillars.) Was that a trick question? I think it's obvious that they were fabricated to fit this 4 Door "WHAT IF" Barracuda project.

resq302

Reaction score
Ok, since you bring up the question about value. How can you place a value on a car that is a tribute car of a prototype? What do you base the value on?

resq302

Reaction score
Dave,

All you need to do now is to apply to be an automobile manufacturer and then you can put whatever VINs on the car you want. lol. Look at Carrol Shelby !

Ray

Reaction score
Not a trick question. You had to have at the least a cowl with a vin correct. Please don't tell me you spent all this time and money on a car you have no original title to.

resq302

Reaction score
Whats to say that Dave didn't get a cowl from a junk yard that did or did not have a dash that had a VIN on it. Whats even to say there was a steel dash in the carcass when he got it?

DMV can issue titles for vehicles that do not have VINs. It would then have a OAN (Owner Applied Number).

Say your original title gets damaged in a fire, flood, whatever. Are you saying that you can not get a new title for the car?

ECS

Reaction score
Ok, since you bring up the question about value. How can you place a value on a car that is a tribute car of a prototype? What do you base the value on?

Hey Brian. It has nothing to do with value. It's being built like a car that rolled off of the assembly line. How many cars came off of the assembly line without an assigned VIN? The VIN that was chosen is so far fetched and wrong that anyone their right mind would never confuse it as being a real issued number. I did this to ensure that the car will NEVER be confused or seen as anything other than a "WHAT IF" tribute.

Ray

Reaction score
Whats to say that Dave didn't get a cowl from a junk yard that did or did not have a dash that had a VIN on it. Whats even to say there was a steel dash in the carcass when he got it?

DMV can issue titles for vehicles that do not have VINs. It would then have a OAN (Owner Applied Number).

Say your original title gets damaged in a fire, flood, whatever. Are you saying that you can not get a new title for the car?
See your answering the questions I asked him. Thank you

Ray

Reaction score
since it's the only one in existence how could it ever be confused with anything but?

resq302

Reaction score
How am I answering the questions that you asked? All I posted was hypothetical scenarios.

I guess what you are saying is that all of the Chrysler and other auto makers had VINs assigned to their prototype vehicles then.

ECS

Reaction score
Whats to say that Dave didn't get a cowl from a junk yard that did or did not have a dash that had a VIN on it.....

There is no need to speculate what I did. The Cowl is a new AMD unit. (See below) Not a single "stamped" piece of metal was used from another vehicle. The Dash is also a new unit from "Just Dashes". It didn't come out of an existing car or have a VIN plate attached to it.

04.jpg

Ray

Reaction score
No just that you can get reissued titles for lost or damaged titles. And vins under reconstruction.

Ray

Reaction score
There is no need to speculate what I did. The Cowl is a new AMD unit. (See below) Not a single "stamped" piece of metal was used from another vehicle. The Dash is also a new unit from "Just Dashes". It didn't come out of an existing car or have a VIN plate attached to it.

04.jpg

Finally an answer. Good night!

ECS

Reaction score
How am I answering the questions that you asked? All I posted was hypothetical scenarios.

Brian....please don't try to answer (for me) any of this phony person's questions. He is tom's crony looking to start trouble. It might even be tom posting under another one of his aliases.

Everything is covered in this thread if anyone is truly interested in learning the facts related to the project.

resq302

Reaction score
No just that you can get reissued titles for lost or damaged titles. And vins under reconstruction.

What about items such as fender tags or VIN tags that get deteriorated beyond repair? Would have be considered "reconstruction" ? Or would an item such as that need to be reshaped, TIG welded, and JB welded back together?

Back