• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Dave is not posting anymore on this site or the FBBO site. I guess too many people were bad mouthing his build. Too bad and I liked seeing all the details and tips on how things were done.

You can find his updates on his blog, see post 575 above.
What a shame...I understand how a few people can totally ruin it for the rest of us that really enjoyed and looked forward to seeing and hearing about the progress. There's some in every crowd. Regardless I will be ordering as many parts as possible from ECS in the near future, Dave provides an incredible service for the hobby and I just want to say, thank you.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Very sad. Personally, I really enjoyed his work and the postings he provided.
Have to be happy that he was willing to share his unique and extensive build with us.
Dino2 (1).gif

aussiemark

Reaction score
Dave should return and the members who have posted negative comments should be blocked from posting any comments on his thread or even have their membership deleted. If you don't like what he is doing you don't have to follow the build and you certainly don't need to leave negative comments.

AUSTA

Reaction score
What a shame...I understand how a few people can totally ruin it for the rest of us that really enjoyed and looked forward to seeing and hearing about the progress. There's some in every crowd. Regardless I will be ordering as many parts as possible from ECS in the near future, Dave provides an incredible service for the hobby and I just want to say, thank you.
Same here i bought some door tags & decal,s from ECS excellent quality.
Good to deal with

rklein71

Reaction score
I have referred to his work in my 71 Barracuda build extensively because of his detail. One of the better series of posts I have ever seen.

76orangewagon

Reaction score
Let's hope he sees he has more supporters then haters and returns.
I have to agree 100% I don't see 1 post from the haters offering any assistance or any guidance just bitching and complaining hiding behind the safety of the internet. I experienced it on FABO but not to this degree.

reborn73

Reaction score
I met Dave and Tom from ECS weekend before last in St. Louis at Gateway raceway. Had a great visit talking about his products, the 4 door cuda and some of the drama from this site. Back when he was posting on here he would always respond to questions and give advice (even if it wasn't something he was selling) and had our love for mopars in every answer. It is a shame but at least he is still there and making great progress on the cuda.

and003

Reaction score
Dave is not posting anymore on this site or the FBBO site. I guess too many people were bad mouthing his build. Too bad and I liked seeing all the details and tips on how things were done.

You can find his updates on his blog, see post 575 above.
Why would someone badmouth his build? Did they think he was committing some kind of crime?

aussiemark

Reaction score
Why would someone badmouth his build? Did they think he was committing some kind of crime?
I think some people just have very strong opinions. In Australia during the 70's the manufactures produced muscle cars in both sedan and coupe versions and they sold more sedans then coupes. I guess they didn't want to lose a sale because the vehicle was only available as a coupe when a sedan was needed. These days the coupe versions are worth a little more then the sedan probably because they are a little more rare and harder to find but other then that they are essentially the same car and the value of both versions has risen dramatically in the last 10 or 15 years so over here 4 door muscle cars are very acceptable.

steved033

Reaction score
I think some people just have very strong opinions. In Australia during the 70's the manufactures produced muscle cars in both sedan and coupe versions and they sold more sedans then coupes. I guess they didn't want to lose a sale because the vehicle was only available as a coupe when a sedan was needed. These days the coupe versions are worth a little more then the sedan probably because they are a little more rare and harder to find but other then that they are essentially the same car and the value of both versions has risen dramatically in the last 10 or 15 years so over here 4 door muscle cars are very acceptable.

I think there's an editorial in the newest hotrod magazine about that. the "what's wrong with a 4-door" argument.

sjd

Back