• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Baracuda Restomod Begins

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Over the top nice, love it! The 2024 Barracuda just rolled out. Here's to clear sailing, enjoy the ride.

SFEbody

Reaction score
What's the doohickey connected to a cable by data tag?
@Katfish I have the 8HP70 Auto 8 speed trans, that is the emergency release in case you loose power and have to tow it. Everything on the 8HP70 is electric so only wires no linkage to get it in neutral. That manually pulls the parking pin engagement,

1moretoy

Reaction score
Hello fellow E Body members, today was a pivotable day. I took her out, filled her up with gas for the first time and drove it for a couple hours getting ready for the fall fling next weekend. Here she is, and all her glory. Did anyone notice the dutchmans panel? I welded he seams and metal worked them smooth. I really like how that feature turned out. Oh and he back up camera in the rear spoiler is amazing when backing up.

View attachment 113672

View attachment 113673

View attachment 113674

View attachment 113675

View attachment 113676

View attachment 113677

View attachment 113678
Your car looks really good, love the color. I'd like to get rid of the chrome trim around the windows on my challenger. What would I need to do to get the same look?

SFEbody

Reaction score
What's the doohickey connected to a cable by data tag?
I have the 8HP70 Auto 8 speed trans, that is the emergency release in case you loose power and have to tow it. Everything on the 8HP70 is electric so only wires no linkage to get it in neutral. That manually pulls the parking pin engagement,
Your car looks really good, love the color. I'd like to get rid of the chrome trim around the windows on my challenger. What would I need to do to get the same look?
I had them all powder
I had all the trim powder coated black satin

SFEbody

Reaction score
Took her out for the shake down voyage today, We took the Barracuda to the Chrysler Fall Fling in Van Nuys CA. 120 mie round trip and only issue was headlights way to dim while driving in the dark. Going to look for some brighter bulbs. Anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
As far as headlight look into a relay circuit if you don't have one. It can be done a few different ways.
Check the foot dimmer switch and plug and the grounds. Headlight SW?
Harness schematic.jpg

Last edited:

Katfish

Reaction score
I second the relay for headlights, made a huge difference for me.
Easy to check, measure the voltage to the headlights, bet it's 11v or lower.
It will come up to 13V with the relays.

larry4406

Reaction score
There is a guy on E-bodies.org that sells relay kits for headlights. crackedback I think is his stage name.

heminut

Reaction score
I agree, put a headlight relay system in! You will get a full 12 volts to your headlights, and if you decide to upgrade to halogen the relay system will carry the extra load with no problem.

I put halogen headlight housings in and used LED bulbs in them. LOTS of light!

SFEbody

Reaction score
I agree, put a headlight relay system in! You will get a full 12 volts to your headlights, and if you decide to upgrade to halogen the relay system will carry the extra load with no problem.

I put halogen headlight housings in and used LED bulbs in them. LOTS of light!
@heminut. Can you tell me what parts you installed?

heminut

Reaction score
@heminut. Can you tell me what parts you installed?
I bought a pair of 7" halogen headlight bulb housings on Ebay, just looked for something that looked somewhat stock looking. The lenses are flat rather than curved but I was okay with that.

IPCW CWC-7006 7" Plain Round Conversion Headlight - 1 Piece 844176008411 | eBay

I also bought a pair of LED replacement bulbs for H4 halogen bulbs.

2PCS H4 9003 HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs Kit High Low Beam 6000K Super White Canbus | eBay

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Heminut I do say that looks good. It doesn't take away from the original look. Thanks for sharing. saves others a lot of trial and error and cash.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Headlights and LED'S That is an other whole ball of wax. The led's heminut selected look as if they might have the correct configuration for the headlights. Without really getting into it. The position of the emitter or filament be it horizonal or vertical and the depth of the bulb filament makes all the difference. The housing and lens matters too. All coming down to the geometry of lighting.

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
Headlights and LED'S That is an other whole ball of wax. The led's heminut selected look as if they might have the correct configuration for the headlights. Without really getting into it. The position of the emitter or filament be it horizonal or vertical and the depth of the bulb filament makes all the difference. The housing and lens matters too. All coming down to the geometry of lighting.
You are correct. I bought some fairly inexpensive LED bulbs and the coverage is pretty much the same between low beam and high beam, high beam is just brighter. I intended to buy a couple of better LED bulbs to see if I get different results but since I rarely drive the car at night I haven't done it yet. From studying the bulbs I think the design of the bulb does make a difference.

Back