• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Baracuda Restomod Begins

heminut

Reaction score
Looks awesome! We all love a good restoration, but a build with some modern touches is refreshing to see. If it's not a high dollar, numbers matching car then build it the way you want it. Great job! :thumbsup:

SFEbody

Reaction score
Heminut.,, you are right that’s what I thought and since I had to replace almost everything in the car why not give it a few modern conveniences. With this front end suspension like it is it drives almost as good if not better than my late model car. I’ve got to find somebody that has put in the new relic power windows. I will be starting from scratch on the quarter window first I guess and see how that goes. Anybody with them any information please chime in

gundy24719

Reaction score
Heminut.,, you are right that’s what I thought and since I had to replace almost everything in the car why not give it a few modern conveniences. With this front end suspension like it is it drives almost as good if not better than my late model car. I’ve got to find somebody that has put in the new relic power windows. I will be starting from scratch on the quarter window first I guess and see how that goes. Anybody with them any information please chime in
I just bought the nu relic window kit. I have not had them installed yet. I went with the use your crank option. I didn't like the switches that were offered and the OEM switches they sell don't have the correct connections that go to the back of the switches. I did order a master switch that will be hidden to control the passenger side window. The kit is only for the front windows.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hey folks, put the custom floor console in today, had to raise the shifter 3 inches off the floor to get the right look and feel. Will tackle the Nu-relic windows next week then finally finished. HAs been about 26 months start to finish

console.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Yes, that does look great. Love the cup holders also. That's something you forget that didn't come in older vehicles that you can't live without now.

SFEbody

Reaction score
One more step. added a rear spoiler and put the back up camera in it! I think it looks good but the question is, keep it black or color match the body?

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 4.01.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-23 at 4.01.07 PM.png

Katfish

Reaction score
Definitely black, looks good.
What is the camera tied to? I've thought about adding a camera, are there phone apps?

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hello fellow E Body members, today was a pivotable day. I took her out, filled her up with gas for the first time and drove it for a couple hours getting ready for the fall fling next weekend. Here she is, and all her glory. Did anyone notice the dutchmans panel? I welded he seams and metal worked them smooth. I really like how that feature turned out. Oh and he back up camera in the rear spoiler is amazing when backing up.

IMG_1113.jpeg

View attachment 113673

IMG_1109.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg

IMG_1108.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

Last edited:
Back