• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe

CBMOPARMAN

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and I trying to decide what I should so with my 1970 barracuda Gran Coupe. It is kind of an odd ball as it is a lemon twist, slant 6, auto, factory air car and to my understanding they made very few slant 6 Gran Coupes. I do not know if its worth restoring back to original or making a Cuda clone as I already have a 340 out of another 1970 Cuda. I also have a 1971 340 Cuda and thought it would be kind of cool to have both

2016-01-16 10.54.24.jpg

js29

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! that is A rare combo, there are A lot of cuda clones out there. it will cost the same to restore it ether way you go. I say it's your car, your choice, you may want to save the original parts. I like the gran coup options, I really like the cuda hood, and A 340 is A good engine. but as long as you are happy with the end result that is all that matters. to answer the question A 6 cyl brings the price down A little.

Rdwsp

Reaction score
Well if you want to get rid of it I may be interested in it I'm looking for six-cylinder Cuda or 318 challenger either or

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Honestly, if I saw this car completely restored back to original at a show with the hood up I would probably stop and tell you how kool I thought it was that you kept it original. Put a V8 in it and I would likely walk by admiring it but not say anything.

moparleo

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your car. Just whatever else that you do, save the original parts incase you decide to put it back to stock or if you sell the car and the buyer may want the original drivetrain.

fastx

Reaction score
If you want the wow effect you will have to clone it.

sdweatherman

Reaction score
If a car has all of its main original drive train parts - I like to see them go back to original. There are probably a few people out there that would love to have that car if its got the numbers matching drive train. Find a cuda with the engine and trans long gone and have your way with it - if that is the route you want to go. Just my two cents. Its your car and you get to make that decision! Good luck! Scott.

340challconvert

Reaction score
It is always a personal choice to do what you want with your own car.
Having said that, a slant 6, Gran Coupe with factory air is a cool car and RARE!
There have been so many 6 cyl. cars modified, it is getting harder and harder to find one that is original.
I would keep it original and use it as an economical daily driver. Luxury and economy is a nice combination.
You do already have a nice 340 car.
Just my thoughts.
Good Luck
Dino2 (1).gif

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just to put this in perspective, they made only 182 Gran Coupes with a 6 cyl. The factory air makes it even more rare.
It is as rare as my 70 A66 -340 Challenger convertible, with 178 automatics made.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Don't clone it!! There are far more cloned cars out there than there are nice originals like this one could be.

gdrill

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your car. Just whatever else that you do, save the original parts in case you decide to put it back to stock or if you sell the car and the buyer may want the original drive train.

This is exactly the same way I feel. It is your car. I myself would build it back to factory due to the uniqueness of it. But if a /6 isn't cool in your books I fully understand that too. Either way, I'll be watching out for the build thread!

CBMOPARMAN

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all of the input. Over the next few days I will be searching for a broadcast sheet. That may help me with the decision. I will also be creating a project post soon.

Back