• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger convertible

M

molvig

1970 318, white, red interior, power everything, going to be 440-6

imagejpeg_21.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

DSCF2436.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2805.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

a68postcar

Reaction score
welcome, welcome. and holy macarel andy. show us more. we like the nuts and bolts too.

Avalanche

Reaction score
You are a brave man!
Keep it documented, makes all the difference in the end.

Looks nice already.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site molvig! Let the games begin, looks like you are off to a good start. Who did you get your sheet metal from? And let us know how it all fits together.

M

molvig

Yea, it was a bit more than I was looking for when I pulled it out of Michigan last year but I just cant stand to see these cool old cars rotting away and then being destroyed. I've used parts from Carpartsdiscount, AMD, and YearOne. Every single part I've purchased so far had needed a little massaging, that's why I've been going from one supplier to the next, but everything so far has been workable.

Last edited by a moderator:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I agree on saving them, but You are braver than I on that one from the first pics.

Now that you provided the teaser don't leave us hanging. Keep the updates rolling.

Mopar Fan

Reaction score
Ahhhh....Yet another 70 vert for inspiration! Thanks! Be sure and keep the pics and narration coming. Looks great so far.

~Tony~

tomps

Reaction score
Now THAT is an ambitious resto project...WOW! Kudos on the save saweeeet :icon_thumleft:

crocha617

Reaction score
Challenger Convertible

I remember when the car was for sale. An acquaintance was thinking about buying it as well and advised strongly against it. Looks like you have taken it a long way in a short time. Great work

M

molvig

the pics I have posted were from around two months of weekend metal work, I actually purchased another convertible RT since, which is where I've been focusing my time on. I dont know why anyone would advise against picking up one of these old projects in any shape. thats why so many of them are ending up at the crusher. If I was planning on making some money on it, then thats another story, but my plans are just to drive this bad boy every day so it doesnt really matter to me.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'm considering selling my BMW daily and driving a Challenger everyday also. Are you going to update to newer a/c, suspension, etc.? Great thread!!!!

crocha617

Reaction score
the pics I have posted were from around two months of weekend metal work, I actually purchased another convertible RT since, which is where I've been focusing my time on. I dont know why anyone would advise against picking up one of these old projects in any shape. thats why so many of them are ending up at the crusher. If I was planning on making some money on it, then thats another story, but my plans are just to drive this bad boy every day so it doesnt really matter to me.

The friend that was wanting it was not capable of doing his own metal work and would likely end up spending an additional $40,000 or more to restore it.

M

molvig

I'm considering selling my BMW daily and driving a Challenger everyday also. Are you going to update to newer a/c, suspension, etc.? Great thread!!!!

even though this was an a/c car I've converted it to non a/c. I am putting a 440-6 into it that will hopefully look as authentic as possible in the engine bay, and yes its getting updated suspension/brakes/etc however I am sticking with a 1970 4-spd tranny. I thought of going to a 5-spd like many others are but I already had a tranny I pulled out of a big block car some time ago. I'm not making this thing to race or anything, just a really cool cruzer with a little giddy-up.

mccroweronin

Reaction score
That car had nothing left in it! Good job making it so far. Keep up the good work! :icon_exclaim:

Back