• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger Cover

MoparMike

Reaction score
Hello! I live in Florida and have a 1970 Challenger Convertible. We have moved into a new rental house, but the garage is too small. So, she is going to be parked outside. I am looking for recommendations for an excellent car cover to protect her from the elements.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You can't really protect the car outside. I would find a way to get it into the garage or find a garage to rent for the car.

Avalanche

Reaction score
Go to Pep Boys and buy a portable garage, they are pretty cheap.
Make sure you anchore it down well or it will turn into a baloon!
I had a hudge gust of wind come up and launch mine into a tree.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You have to be careful with those in parts of Fl. You can't have them where I live. You will be fined for setting one up. That is for the county; not city rules. It would still be better to get it in the garage; especially if a hurricane comes along. In 2005 I lost a good part of a CBS and wood frame structure due to a hurricane. My convertible was really beat up. The top frame was broken as a result. Glass was broken. The top was shreaded. The car looked like someone took it outside and rolled it around for awhile on it's sides. It was so covered with dirt you could not tell the color of the car. Add to that everything got wet inside of it. The car is repairable. Imagine if it had been outside.

Last edited:

R4Sedan

Reaction score
The best cover's money can buy is California. I would not leave it outside. I don't know what part of St.Pete your in, but there are some pretty rough parts their, I would rent a storage unit.

MoparMike

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the cover recommendation! I'll check those out. And for the others, obviously I would like to have it in a garage. That is simply not an option at the moment. We had to find a new house and the one we were able to find doesn't have a big enough garage and the rent is more expensive, so finding a garage to rent on top of that is not feasible. I am really looking for recommendations for covers while the car has to be outside.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I don't know how familiar you are with the sun in FL. You must have a cover that breathes. If you get water under a cover that does not breathe the water will not dry off. The sun will boil the thin layer of water and ruin your paint. I have not bought a cover for use like you are doing for many years. I would guess that you get what you pay for.

Back