• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 challenger deputy worth

KMikk

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't think they had them in 70.

mmissile

Reaction score
Just as a comparison, here is a 70 Challenger coupe with a 318 engine that sold at Mecum in condition 2. Sold for 40.7 K but includes the "buyers premium" (another way for Mecum to squeeze more money out of the buyer).

I think this would be top, top dollar for a 318 Challenger.

View attachment 55445
Sale Price: $40,700 (USD)
Includes buyer's premium
  • Chassis/VIN: JH23G0E100497
Date: 10/4/2018
Event: Mecum Auctions
Lot Number: T181

Seems like an auction price....not market.

mmissile

Reaction score
I'd say if it's not a mud-bucket, and appears nice.......it's be about 20K. The rarity is kinda lost on the color-change and add-ons. Just my opinion.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Insure it for as much as you can then if anything happens you are covered and if someone makes you an offer you can say it is insured for X amount then if they really want it they may take the insured value into consideration before making the next offer.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I'd say if it's not a mud-bucket, and appears nice.......it's be about 20K. The rarity is kinda lost on the color-change and add-ons. Just my opinion.
It depends we really need to see more photos some parts are worth a lot, I am in the process of replacing parts missing from a 1970 Cuda and it is crazy what some parts are worth a late 69 date code 3431077 wiper motor is worth it's weight in gold and check out the price on a 2229171 master cylinder. To get an idea of the value of a part take what you think it is worth and times it by 3 then go shopping. If this car has upgrades that were done years ago with factory parts (when they were cheap) it could be more valuable then if it was in original condition.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The 3spd doesn’t help the value except that the pedals are already there for the 4 speed conversion and that’s not necessarily just my opinion as I’m more of a purist. It’s just a fact.
As they say, there’s a reason not many were ordered that way to begin with. I dig it though.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If I couldn’t roll down the back windows it’d make me glad to have ac but that’s got to be unusual.

Jim Kullas

Reaction score
My 71 Deputy is B5 blue exterior and blue interior. The interior was recently redone. The bucket seats are blue and the new carpet is also blue. The headliner, dash, package tray, console, door panels, and back seat side panels are also blue. I have tried to restore the exterior and interior to match the original build.

aussiemark

Reaction score
A lot of these cars would have had the rubber floor covering replaced with carpet because it is easier to find carpet, can you even get the original rubber covering?

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
A lot of these cars would have had the rubber floor covering replaced with carpet because it is easier to find carpet, can you even get the original rubber covering?

Not that I'm aware of. I've been trying to even find a picture of the rubber flooring for years. I have a 71 barracuda a93 car that supposedly came with the rubber flooring but can't find anything about it. Just figured I would ask you guys about your cars.

I will check year one.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Even if you do find it I guarantee it will be more expensive then carpets isn't it strange how the least popular/cheapest options are now difficult or expensive to replicate. One thing I will say about those type of floor coverings when water manages to get under it will be forever wet and encourage rust.

Back