• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 1970 Challenger R/T V code 440-6 Auto. Super Track pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the loss of your Mother. I know how you feel as that is a very tough one. BTW, great looking V code car and good luck with the sale.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are bodyside moldings, the belt moldings are located at the top of the doors and quarters as MoparLee stated.

Thank you Matt, I was under the wrong impression of what the mouldings were called. I'm glad you corrected me on that. Also, thank you MoparLee.

PlumCrazyRTSE

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mean Mopar, that's a very nice Challenger with some interesting history. Good luck with the sale.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the Hemi and V code cars are missing their original engine blocks I suppose it is the nature of the beast. In Australia back in the day when a cars engine was worn out most received an exchange engine that way it would all be done in a day so a lot of cars would have lost their matching numbers engine through this process. I think it is a great looking car at a more then reasonable price and if you know it is an original car who cares what anyone else thinks, it is what it is.

VinnieCap

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this site is just full of Internet Police and correctness excuse me. I am going to be nice on this one. I just lost my mother and I am not the same and I am lost without her. I am not thinking right. I am sorry as I put the add on here when I was half asleep and very tired. I have lots of cars and I confused some specific wording my bad. I would not personally have the balls to rip on anyone's car or add for one especially on the internet. I am sure you have not one interest in the car. You make it sound like this car is a piece of junk. I should have said The car was ordered and used to race and cruise on the weekends but was never cut or tubbed or modified. It never had a cage even. The body is clean look at the floors and such. The car runs and drives great. Has a lot of nice things going for it. All the original purple is all under the rear dutch panel, Under the dash. Behind the door panels etc. This car was in the Lobby for a few years at Chrysler World Headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mich. I really did not want to put the name out there and would have in a private PM if someone asked. But it was Bob Lees. Google him. I have known Bob for years and he is a good friend and a wealth of knowledge like myself. I have had more rare Mopars before they were Popular. This is a rare optioned 6 pack car no matter what. Don't like it keep it to yourself.

Actually, although maybe a little harsh, their comments help out newbie Mopar lovers like myself who don't know every single detail of how these cars should be. With the higher priced investment cars, the people on this board are a great help.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly my point with my comments on the car. Just trying to protect some innocent buyer from being taken for a "ride" they weren't expecting.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are so many scams out there that when we get partial information, we ask questions.

Pyro273

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meaning what? The car was a scam or he took his toys and went home? I actually have been back to this thread several times to look at it. It's not exactly what I'm after color-wise but since it's not the original paint, I wouldn't feel bad about changing it.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The car is for real and still for sale. He also has a few other rare cars for sale right now:
70 Cuda 440+6 auto in need of assembly.
71 Cuda 383 4 speed original and loaded.
71 Cuda Hemi ragtop clone all restored.

Mean Mopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been street racing ,restoring, dealing with mopars and selling parts since the mid 70's. I have had more rare cars and parts than I can even remember. I am not a scam artist or a bull shifter. I have a ton of rare documentaton and Chrysler photographs. I could publish a book. I have had the pleasure of being good friends with lots of mopar execs over the years. Especially some of the Ramchargers, Bob Lees, Dean Nicopolis and so on. I am still having a hard time with my mother' senseless death last fall. I know these cars better than anybody. I dont deal with junk. That is the majority of what i see out there for sale. Having every piece of sheet metal replaced. Etc. My Challenger is a very rare V code . If we had the chance to go back and order these. I would order the plum crazy with white top. White bumble Bee with the Black and white interior also. Especially with the Super Performance Axle pkg. 4.10 Dana 60. Awesome option. Plus the SE trim. This car was Ordered by another exec to go strictly racing with his son. Not babied every weekend like the rest of them that were built. Lmao. When Bob Lees bought it in 82' motor was already gone. Paint was faded . Front seats were yellowed. And split. The car never sat outside. The body is super solid and straight.The interior is real nice. No cracks in the dash pad. Door panels are nice originals. The engine is a real 70 440 HP engine with a vin on it. It was 30 over with a good older mopar 528 hydralic cam. Heads have some work done on them. The trans was done by Mancini . Manual Reverse with shift kit. 3500 stall. This car runs hard. The car has had only one repaint over the original FC7. And that was done in 84'. Bob knew there were problems with the fc7 paint so it was painted his favorite color. The car was not worth alot back when it was done. Nobody cared about originality back then. Come on I was there I know exactly what happened to these cars. Thank God for guys like Bob Lees and so on for saving these rare cars instead of being parted out and crushed. I was brought up in an era where you respected other people and you should also be respected in return. I see cars and stuff for sale and I have an opinion but i don't post anything about it. Even if i was intetested I would pm them. Not just post it on his add. If not interested so be it move on in life. It is too short. I am going on 60 yrs. Next year. Time is getting shorter. I dont have that time anymore to waste on negativity that does not mean squat to me. The car is a good car that you do not run across anymore. Is it perfect hell no. Is it a cool piece of mopar history and who owned it hell yes. It is cheaper than 383 Challenger R/T's. For sale. I am at the point where I just might take it apart and go back to plum crazy and white top.etc. Put a 498 stroker kit and have fun. Why not. This car was in The WPC Museum and at Auburn Hills Lobby for years. This car deserves to be done back to plum crazy. I am not trying to make enemies on here just laying it all out. If you are not intetested in it. And have never seen it or ever met me. Dont get me to the point where i will not help anybody or post things believe me you want me in your corner with my knowledge and documentation. Sincerely, Dean Herron.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish you would have included this information in your first post. It would have made things clearer. At first your car came across as a possible rebody. It's good to have more knowledge on the board. Good luck with the sale of your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back