• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger R/T: V-code, 440" 6-pack, auto, all numbers matching! (project car)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone.
***I would like to get some pricing feedback, as to the value of a rare Mopar project car that I am considering selling.
1.) What I have is a true V-code, numbers matching 440" 6-pack Challenger R/T. This is a complete car that has it's original engine and auto trans, fender tag, build sheet, etc.
2.) The bad news: This is project car. It will need a complete restoration. It has NOT been disassembled yet. It has sat for the past 15 years in dry storage, but was previously stored outside. As a result, there is a lot of body rust on this car. It will need most all of the sheet metal replaced, as well as some structural metal. The grill is damaged in the center. The air cleaner is missing. It does not run or drive.
3.) The good news: This is a complete car. It has it's original drivetrain, and comes with the fender tag, build sheet, and clear title. Correct dual point distributer. Correct K-frame with skid plate and "coin". Rallye dash with 8k tach. Complete interior (needs redone), including correct seats, shifter, console, steering wheel, A/M radio, etc. All stainless body trim is present and is in good condition. All glass is present.
4.) Overall, this is a major project car that will require a lot of repair, but is definitely worthy of a restoration. Specifically due to the fact that it is a complete numbers matching car that still has it's fender tag and build sheet.
5.) I will post some pics and more details in few days. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. -As far as price is concerned, I am looking at all realistic cash offers. (I might be willing to trade on this car toward another Mopar as well.)
Thanks, Jeff.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW INFO: Could this be the last 1970 Challenger R/T V-code built?

New info:
The last 6 in the vin sequence are: 401629. The date on the door tag is 6/1970. (This is a late build date.) Does anyone know how many V-code Challengers were built, and when the last V-code car was built? My research says 1639 hard top V-code Challengers, but that may not be accurate.
Thanks everyone.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have the number in front of me. I believe there were around 735 V code automatic hardtops. I'll look it up.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
Any idea how to find out if there were any 6-pack Challengers built after 6/1970?

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to keep this car and restore it myself. It is no longer available for sale.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info!
-Mopar Jeff.

DSCF5669.jpg

DSCF5671.jpg

DSCF5673.jpg

DSCF5674.jpg

DSCF5675.jpg

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5678.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5682.jpg

DSCF5683.jpg

DSCF5684.jpg

DSCF5685.jpg

DSCF5686.jpg

DSCF5687.jpg

DSCF5670.jpg

Last edited:

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bit rough across the top, but a new one can be made from this and the build sheet.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More new info...
According to the fender tag, this was an ordered car, with a build date of 6/30/1970.
Im sure this wasn't the last Challenger to roll off the line in Hamtramck, but, how many more V-code Challengers could have followed this one???
Does anyone out there have any way to verify this?
Thanks, Jeff.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...more new info...

More new info...
According to the fender tag, this was an ordered car, with a build date of 6/30/1970.
Im sure this wasn't the last Challenger to roll off the line in Hamtramck, but, how many more V-code Challengers could have followed this one???
Does anyone out there have any way to verify this?
Thanks, Jeff.

I just heard today from "GTS" that there are at least 3 V-code Challengers that were built on 7/30/1970. So, in conclusion, that although this is a late build, this is definitely NOT the last V-code Challenger built in 1970. Special thanks to everyone for their help!!!:3gears:
-Jeff.

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple question's have you figured out a asking price yet. How about trade plus cash?
where are you located? nice to see it hasn't been torn apart yet.

mopar jeff

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm am located in MI. 48134 (30 miles N. of the MI/OH border off I-75)
As far as price is concerned, I would say PM me an offer of what you'd be willing to spend. (I've been offered 15k.) I have a friend in California that collects 6pk cars. He says he would value the car at 20k.
I also have a few other E-body projects available. These are rolling project cars in various stages of restoration. None of these cars have the orig drive train:
1.) '70 Challenger T/A 4speed (very solid, dry Texas car with fender tags) White with black int. JH23J0B...
2.) '70 Challenger R/T Auto (Los Angeles built dry Arizona car) Rallye red with white top/int. JS23N...
3.) '71 'Cuda 4speed (rust free rolling shell with all new sheet metal and int.) Hemi Orange with black int. BS23N1B...
4.) '72 Challenger (rolling shell) JS23...
5.) '72 Challenger (running/driving project) JH23G...
Send me your contact info for more details.
Thanks, Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back