• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger steel wheels

JB75

Reaction score
New guy here with a question-not so much technical as inquiring and lack of knowledge. Forgive me if it’s been asked before… I’m looking for a set of 15” steel wheels and poverty caps for the Challenger that I’m searching in hopes of someday needing them. I’m not having much luck with them. I’ve seen a lot of people say good luck finding them and if you do they’re crazy prices. Why is that? Is it that they’re just steel wheels and everyone just tossed them years ago or what???

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I had dozens years ago. Sold them all over the years for $25.00 a piece at swap meets once. Needed some more recently. I found 5 15x7 for $25.00 a piece again. He even through in a bunch of big block parts for that price. So, they are still out there.

JB75

Reaction score
Wow! That’s a deal
I’d like to come across! My dads Challenger came with them and the caps and when he swapped to his Ansens he said he sold the wheels and caps for like $25!!

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Well, there's 1970 15x7 steel wheels for e bodies, and then there's 15x7 steel wheels.
There's a difference of about $300 (guess, could be more) each.
15x7 wheels from a 80's fifth Avenue fit, but look wrong to the observant person.
Available at wrecking yards for cheap.
At least out west.
Those I'd sell.
You can buy repop!

JB75

Reaction score
I’ve looked at the aftermarket and those would work obviously. I just try to find as many OE pieces as possible. And yes, i would want the 15 x 7 for the ebodies. Even tho others would fit, to me they just don’t look right. Being new at this level of searching, are these wheels called anything other than steel wheels? Anything to look for to distinguish them from others?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I believe the part # ends in 450 & are referred to as that , yeah thrown out years ago for better looking wheels & now hard to find , I am still a day 2 guy , either Ralley wheels or some vintage looking mag is preferred IMO . Wheels & Tires are still the simplest swap to change to look

pschlosser

Reaction score
These are the wheels (rims) you want your car to go to paint in, so they don't get overspray on your nicer wheels. There is no telling how many countless of these rims went to the crusher after the filming of the various Smokey and the Bandit movies.

JB75

Reaction score
I believe the part # ends in 450 & are referred to as that , yeah thrown out years ago for better looking wheels & now hard to find , I am still a day 2 guy , either Ralley wheels or some vintage looking mag is preferred IMO . Wheels & Tires are still the simplest swap to change to look
I hear ya. I just love the body color Steeliest and caps. Even with a Hemi in it it still has that sleeper look. My dads Day 2 swap were Ansen Sprints so that’s my other choice. Who knows-the Ansens may still be on it. If they are I’ll have them replaced and run them. That’s all a big IF…

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Yes, they will fit. If they are 15x6, you will find them a bit narrow. There is a 15x6.5 available too, on trucks and vans.
On a 6", you will have to limit the tire to a 215/70. Having a wider tire that's pinched will make handling worse.
I guess 15' are better than 14's. Trucks and vans had 15× 5.5 available also, so lookout!

Last edited:
Back