• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda antenna Question

rob-dirt

Reaction score
Might Be A Dumb Question but i would like to know Did a 1970 Cuda Come with a TELESCOPIC antenna or a straight one ? or did it depend on the radio any help Would be great thank,s
[h=1][/h]

rob-dirt

Reaction score
hummmm somebody else told me it it was a 3 speaker dash it would be Telescopic but for reg am radio it would be a rod type guess i better hold off ordering one til i find out for sure Witch one is correct

RUNCHARGER

Reaction score
One piece came out in 72 or 73 so your 70 came with a telescoping antennae.

Sheldon

Moparparts

Reaction score
Telescopic Antenna

I have owned and documented well over twenty five 70 Cudas and Challengers some survivors that still had original antennas on them through the years and the survivors and others clearly had telescopic masts on them. Yes i had others that did not but where clearly installed as replacements. As always never say never because the factory may have put a stationary one on incorrectly or a dealer by customer request but if you check your Chrysler parts book (always a good idea before replying) you will see part number 3513745# (new number) fixed mast first became available in 70 and was ONLY used on PDC models which are full size cars Fury etc. and 2 different lengths of telescopic antennas where offered depending on radio options but both e-body types where telescopic when installed at the factory or where supposed to be IMO

Telescopic on 70 including the rear ones on the T/A and AAR

mmissile

Reaction score
Telescopic. My parents bought a 71 Coronet wagon, new....it had the one-piece mast[hi-tech lol]. All the 70 and older cars I've had over the years have been telescopic.

rob-dirt

Reaction score
OK i ordred the right one today - Thank,s again everybody for replying im glad im down to the little stuff i have owned this car 15 year now and im down to what takes the most time - the little stuff

Last edited:
Back