• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda Convertible for sale no trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougyb

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Cuda Convertible
this car is all stock and in good overall condition, it deserves a complete rotisserie nut and bolt restoration but it doesn’t need one in other words with a weekend of easy work, (fuel system flush, brakes bled, change engine oil and trans fluid) this car could be driven and enjoyed as it is, and if you wanted you could do a resto later here are the details of this car
First off this is a real Cuda not a barracuda, BS27 nob, it has the following options as it did from new, this car has not been apart, not been wrecked, not been rusted out and is missing nothing.
383 -barrel engine of 1970 vintage ( am not sure if it is the original motor but I will assume it is not as I haven’t check but it may be, but for now lets assume it is not) engine runs very well no smoke, doesn’t overheat, holds good oil presser always starts right up.
727 automatic transmission (again not sure if it is original to car but lets assume it is not)
8 ¾ rear end with factory 3:55 sure grip
Floor console with factory slap stick shifter
Ralley Gauge Dash in excellent condition. Gauges are all very clean, glass is clear and not scratched and all work correctly
Dash pad is in excellent condition looks new with no cracks, no warping no fading
Buckets seats are in very good condition and carpet is also good rear seat is also very good
Door panel’s front and rear are uncut and show no signs of chalkiness or fading and are not brittle as with most e-body verts
All Cuda specific convert trim is intact and in very good condition including boot cover trim (rare from factory) top of windshield chrome is excellent and none dented as many e body verts are
All glass is original non pitted non scratched and no cracks, chips or cloudiness
Front and rear bumpers are straight non dented and have good chrome plating
Front grille is in excellent condition, no cracks, no breaks, and no damage whatsoever and looks new
Car has factory hood pins, lanyards, posts and bezels and are all in good shape
Factory rear wing and correct under trunk lid brackets
Through valance exhaust and factory chrome tips all in good shape
Correct factory rocker gills and all factory emblems and stripes
Car has factory power top and glass rear window
Car has power steering with no leaks and no squeaks and power drum brakes
Doors open a close nicely as does hood and trunk, door handles a re in good condition and work correctly all keys are original and they all work in the correct locations
Car does need new top and rear glass but all accessories function correctly even the top! Convertible top frame is in excellent factory condition with no rust of bad pivot points
Factory is radio and dual painted outside mirrors also in good shape, fender mounted turn signals as well
Car was painted 25+ years ago and it still is very presentable, car does have some door dings on the driver’s side but they are minor in size and very few paint chips, car washes and waxes up nicely and motor rumbles nicely, Trans shifts as it should.
Car has no fender tag and I am unsure about any build sheet, however a Galen report could be done and will verify the factory options as listed, car is currently Top Banana Yellow with factory black interior and has a white top ( but needs replaced)
Car may have been red new as engine compartment is R4 red, but I can not find any other red on the car(?)
The trunk pan had been replace before I got the car and although it is not rusty or damaged it should be done over to be correct, I have a brand new trunk pan and all the extra necessary sheet metal piece that are required on an ebody vert to redo the trunk pan again it is very usable as is, I also have a brand new fuel tank, maybe easier to replace tank and just blow out the fuel lines, car has been sitting inside dry storage 20+ years and is new from local area, no rust issues, Car is a very good example of a complete Cuda convert. That could be enjoyed as it is and restored top notch later if desired, if I had the time I would do the brakes, service the trans, change the oil and do the fuel system and spend the summer with the top down. Car is very desirable and you would be hard pressed to find another in this condition, the 383 runs good and they are super tough dependable motors car does have an incorrect late 60s mopar radiator however I have a 1970 radiator to go with car, car starts and runs well, looks good and is very presentable and would be a good weekend cruiser and could easily be at local shows, car should not be |”\Hemi fied” or converted into a 1971 Nash bridges car it is all stock and is a rare car, I am selling due to health reasons and I will not be able to do the car or even enjoy it this summer or next I am asking $40,000.00 or close cash, no trade no games, car is in the pacific northwest, I will send pictures to qualified serious buyers, I am going to sell this nice Cuda convert to some one who knows what it is and can appreciate it , also car has a full set of factory installed ralley wheels with trim rings and argent center caps as well as 85% tread white letter radials and correct lugs nuts iam presntly in another state on buisness so i dont have any pix to post i iwill be getting some pix from a person who has acess to the warehouse and they assured me they will email me some pix this week so i will post them in a day or two thanks for the ad

Last edited:

dougyb

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
70 cuda vert pix

heres some pix

Cuda[1].jpg

cuda_2_010.jpg

cuda_(17).jpg

cuda_2_004.jpg

cuda_(14).jpg