• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda Lanyards - Correct Grille Location?

CaCuda

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out where the hood pin lanyards are suppose to poke through the grille on my 1970 Cuda. I believe the current location of my hood pin lanyards are incorrect. After checking many reference pictures tonight on the internet, it looks like the lanyards are suppose to poke through the grille at either Position 1, Position 2 or Position 3. Which location would be the correct proper location (Position 1, Position 2, Position 3 or another Location)? :help:

Thank you!

Untitled-5.jpg

CaCuda

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out where the hood pin lanyards are suppose to poke through the grille on my 1970 Cuda. I believe the current location of my hood pin lanyards are incorrect. After checking many reference pictures tonight on the internet, it looks like the lanyards are suppose to poke through the grille at either Position 1, Position 2 or Position 3. Which location would be the correct proper location (Position 1, Position 2, Position 3 or another Location)? :help:

Thank you!

Pretty lame for an E Body Forum. This post has been here for a while and no suggestions. Lame.............................

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I "googled" 1970 Cuda photos and I will say position 1. Sorry, I have a Challenger, best I can do as for help.

70CUDA4SPEED

Reaction score
This is from my car, can't guarantee it's correct because I'm so lame so I couldn't find out.
Cuda X.jpg

Cuda X.jpg

[email protected]

Reaction score
your grille looks great is it the one that cam with the car or is it remanufactored if so were did you get it.

CaCuda

Reaction score
@Juan - Thank you, i think you are correct as 1 seems to be the right place
@Moparleo - You are correct, I am not forced to be here.
@70Cuda4Speed - Thank you for the pic, that helped. Awesome Cuda by the way!
@gregsgs - Thank you and I agree, position 1 looks correct.
@gregsgs - If you were asking me (I am not sure if your question was directed 70Cuda4Speed) where I purchased my grille, it was from Classic Industries located in California. This was a pretty good deal and was already painted Argent Silver. I am really happy with it. All of the pieces fit and I think the quality is really good.

I appreciate your assistance. I do realize that many questions may take a long time for answers and that some questions may never be answered. However, this was my first post here. I posted this same question on a different Mopar forum and had at least 2 responses the next day, another response the day after, another response the day after that and yet another response a few days later. As usual, the responses varied and many people disagree with what is the actual correct answer is. I get that, this is why I posted the same question here, for more opinions and input. As you know, the name of this forum is "for E Bodies only", you would agree that a newbie to this forum (like myself) might expect an answer (for an E Body) for a fairly simple question sooner than 2 weeks.

My reference to being lame was directed to the lack of suggestions after almost two weeks (not calling every member here lame). Come on, are you serious? I may speak whats on my mind, I may be impatient but I did not insinuate that every member here is lame. If I offended anyone who actually is lame, then I do apologize.

Back