• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Cuda - New Go Mango

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Making some progress on the punch list:

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

Cazbah362

Reaction score
Had a nice weekend and went to TnT on Friday and a Coffee and Cars on Saturday. At TnT, I had the opportunity to run the car down the track several times. With a full tank of gas, family in the right seat, Radial T/A's and very little understanding of how the car would react, best times was 13:68 at 101.89. Nice thing is, once I figured out track conditions and car response, car performed consistent at that speed and between 13:68 and 14:05. Cool part about it, family had a great time, they are still ribbing me about my first few passes, which included everything from missed gears, lots of gears with spinning tires and shamefully - stalling it.

Couple of things, this track is at about 6000 DA, and is not generally well prepped for TnT. Could I have went faster - oh yes, kicking the person in the right seat out, dump some fuel, better tune, slicks, etc. But, would I have the same stories - no.

Next day was the Reno Air Races - awesome (Unlimited with old piston driven WWII type planes - SHWING!!!)

On Sunday - about a 70 mile round trip to Coffee and Cars at a common coffee shop. Car ran great, drove on the Interstate phenomenally and no issues. Of the 35ish cars, only two old muscle cars, mine, a 67 FireBird and a 70 Bronco, the rest - all modern tuners.

So future improvements - Tires and wheels, found some factory seats to re-do, and slowly working on a new cam with heads. Heads came back from the machine shop last week, so we are moving. Looking at a 270 VVT cam - nothing too drastic. Heads where inspected, decked, cleaned, valve job, seals, and matching valve springs.

There's the weeks work -

V/r
CP

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hey I have a couple questions for you. I am doing the same swap in my 70 baracuda but with an 8 speed AT, so I wanted to know how much of the tunnel did you have to cut? do you have any pics of that?

Back