• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1970 Dodge Challenger 440+6 Recreation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedge500

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Challenger 440+6 Recreation (SOLD!!)

I am listing this for my parents as my mom would like to sell her 1970 Dodge Challenger. The car is originally a G code 318 Challenger but has been changed over to a 440 with a six pack. My parents have owned the car since 2004 and it runs and drives very nicely. The car shows very well but is not perfect as the paint and body work was done sometime in the mid 1990's. Below is the information I have on the car.

70ChallengerPic06-28-12.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

Engine:
- 1972 440 engine out of a truck.
- Engine rebuilt in 2007, has factory steel crank and 6 pack rods.
- Has a Lunati Voodoo hydraulic Flat tappet cam. I think we went with a grind that was close to a stock 6 pack.
- Has Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons, 9.5 to 1 compression.
- I think the heads are 452 cast heads but not completely sure.

Transmission:
- 727 Auto, rebuilt using parts provided by A&A trans. Shifts nicely.

Rear:
- 8-3/4" rear with 3.23 gears. Perfect for cruising.

Interior:
- Ralleye Dash, Rim Blow Steering Wheel, Bench seat with center arm rest so it looks like buckets when the arm rest is down. The tach is definitely not calibrated correctly and reads higher than it should. Previous owner installed aftermarket stereo with CD player and AMP. Sounds nice and is not noticeable when looking at the car.

Wheels:
- 15x7 Ralleye rims from Specialty Wheels.

Paint:
- Custom Candy Red over a Silver base. Previous owner owned a body shop and did all of the work. Black Vinyl Top was installed new in 2008.

PM for asking Price, no trades as we are trying to reduce our collection.

For more pictures, check out: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo180/Wedge500/70 Challenger/

Please contact me with any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back