• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 E BODY 11 INCH DRUM HARDWARE...

MOPARTOM944

Reaction score
Okay... I need some help... I work in auto parts.....I have 11 inch rear drum hardware....but no listing for a FRONT 11 inch hardware kit............is most of the spring and hold down stuff the same.......??????? LMK ..... thanks TOM

trying to help my friend with his 70 challenger....

340challconvert

Reaction score
This information could help (from challengerspecs.com)
Drum brakes were standard and measured 10 X 2.5 inches front and rear or 11 X 3 front and 11 X 2.5 rear on the R/T.

Optional front brakes were 10.75 inch vented discs with single piston, floating, pin type callipers. These discs were of a two piece design which tended to warp with heat under (very) heavy use but returned to normal after cooling. This problem was not put right until the start of the 1973 model year.
Where front disc brakes were fitted the rear drum size was 10 X 2.5.
Check out Rock Auto for parts
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

MOPARTOM944

Reaction score
This information could help (from challengerspecs.com)
Drum brakes were standard and measured 10 X 2.5 inches front and rear or 11 X 3 front and 11 X 2.5 rear on the R/T.

Optional front brakes were 10.75 inch vented discs with single piston, floating, pin type callipers. These discs were of a two piece design which tended to warp with heat under (very) heavy use but returned to normal after cooling. This problem was not put right until the start of the 1973 model year.
Where front disc brakes were fitted the rear drum size was 10 X 2.5.
Check out Rock Auto for parts
View attachment 28397
I think you are not following me.........I need to know if the 11 inch rear drum hardware.... is the same as FRONT DRUM 11in by 3.......????? I have no listing for a front drum hardware kit for 11by 3 inch......thanks Tom

340challconvert

Reaction score
I think you are not following me.........I need to know if the 11 inch rear drum hardware.... is the same as FRONT DRUM 11in by 3.......????? I have no listing for a front drum hardware kit for 11by 3 inch......thanks Tom
The information is contingent upon the type of car RT/Non RT with drum brakes. Go to Rock Auto and they list the kits for drum brake cars. Look at the applications for each kit listed. It should answer your question. I believe the hardware for 11in drums should be the same for front and rear. Only difference was the width (3"vs 2.5") from front to rear on an RT drum car.

Last edited:

MOPARTOM944

Reaction score
thanks... I found a Carlson part for an 11 inch front drum combi kit.......Tom

Back