• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 1971 Cuda 340 4 Speed Red Black Billboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Selling. Had the car in inside storage for over 15 years. All the hard to find parts are there, complete car, numbers matching engine and trans. Pennsylvania car, has rust in many places. Will provide photos and details, this is just a preliminary listing. Might take to Carlisle, if you would be there, to see it in person.

Have not found the build sheet. The data tag is very rough. I t has quite a few options.

Painted mirrors
Sport hood
Hood Pins
Billboard stripe
Rally Red
Black vinyl top
Pistol Grip 4 speed
Woodgrain Steering wheel
White interior
Manual drum brakes
Manual steering
Am radio
Turn signal indicators( likely light group)

Has headers, dual exhaust, no tips currently

Car has potential to be a serious head turner!
needs:
Front floor pans
Front fenders
Quarters
Inner fenders
cowl/ firewall rust/repair/replace
likely trunk floor
All frame rails are solid

needs most soft items in the interior.

needs windshield

Grill is in good shape, all parts there.
Chrome is all there and dent free.

I would like to see offers in the $20000 range.
I know this seems high, but I haven't seen to many 1971 340 Cudas that have this option list and look. I realise the economy has an influence and I really don't need negative comments. I'll hold on to it for another 15 years and enjoy it if I don't get it sold.

I have other Cuda project cars if interesed...73 cuda 340 cars, 74 barracuda cars. All need plenty of work.

Thanks for the ad!

100_5471.jpg

100_5472.jpg

100_5476.jpg

Rob C

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see more pictures. 20K seem's pricey without these. Lots-o-rust to contend with.

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'll hold on to it for another 15 years and enjoy it if I don't get it sold."

More than likely! :rolleyes:

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galens book says Chrysler built 1141 Cuda 340 4 speeds. Makes it fairly uncommon...for what that is worth

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that book have a number for the 72 Challengers with a 340 with a 3 speed? :confused: I can't find a production number for that!

Last edited:

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. but another book has 1972 Challenger #s.
jh23h2b 340-4 bbl 1267
js23h2b 340-4 bbl 5012
no breakdown for a 3 speed
So it is rare, likely, as are most 3 speeds. Just not as desirable as a 4 speed.
probably could upgrade to a 4 speed, and no one would mind. (unless it is a cherry survivor and shouldn't be screwed with)

DarrenM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you roll your eyes and offer sarcasm to his price, then ask the guy to provide info on something unrelated? Many people wouldn't have been so nice as 3404speed

Does that book have a number for the 72 Challengers with a 340 with a 3 speed? :confused: I can't find a production number for that!

burntorange70

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is he is the same guy asking 250 bucks for an A body tail panel over on fabo.

All though I cant say that I am not a peckerhead ether. LOL

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah you're trying to protect my honor and virginity, oh how suave and debonaire! LOL (try to put that in Bugs Bunny lingo)
bugs-bunny.jpg

3404speed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I'm working on paring down my possessions. Willing to work deals, nothing is off the table....but

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you roll your eyes and offer sarcasm to his price, then ask the guy to provide info on something unrelated? Many people wouldn't have been so nice as 3404speed

The rolleyes wasn't at the price, it was at the fact that there was little interest. Maybe you should get a clue before responding?? I'm not the one who said it was pricey!

The funny thing is he is the same guy asking 250 bucks for an A body tail panel over on fabo.

All though I cant say that I am not a peckerhead ether. LOL

I guess you think that $250 was too much, well guess what it sold. The repos are $300 and didn't include any of the inner taillight mounting areas.

DarrenM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you use a "roll eyes (sarcastic)" smiley, and it's not supposed to be a shot at the guy? Ok.

"I'll hold on to it for another 15 years and enjoy it if I don't get it sold."
More than likely! :rolleyes:
All that posted after me took it the same way dude, so I think you need to "get a clue" and read what you post.

The rolleyes wasn't at the price, it was at the fact that there was little interest. Maybe you should get a clue before responding?? I'm not the one who said it was pricey!

MoparGod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you use a "roll eyes (sarcastic)" smiley, and it's not supposed to be a shot at the guy? Ok.

All that posted after me took it the same way dude, so I think you need to "get a clue" and read what you post.

Only one other posted after you! lol No sense in trying to explain it to you! I'm sure your an always right type of guy!!

lowdeckdart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will trade you my dart. Posted on forabodiesonly under cars for sale. 71 swinger sale/trade. 1swingin"dart.

moparclown

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on the sale
I have this 71 340 Cuda and have over 25000 tied up in it without 1 minute of labor included.Parts for 71's are $$$$$$.

000_1362.jpg

000_1394.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back