• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda 340 with Fender Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1971 B5 Cuda for sale.

Photos:
http://photobucket.com/1971cudaforsale

Asking $11,000 or Best Offer (the car will be sold, so come look at it and make an offer). Located in Washington State.

1971 Plymouth Barracuda Cuda. This is a real Cuda (BS) with Fender Tag. The car is originally from CA and is pretty solid as far as projects go. It will need a complete restoration. The motor in it is not the original nor is the trans. It did run when I parked, however it is NOT road worthy or in driving condition. I think it's a 318 in it now. To be very clear this car needs a complete restoration. It's a project. I'm selling to help fund two other projects and a new shop. I really hate to see this Cuda go as it will be one very cool car when done and it's pretty solid. Thank you for taking the time to look at my Cuda project. Call me at 360-772-5555 if you have any questions.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a friend named Hal that had one just like this. I remember when he got a new girlfriend. Her old boyfriend didn't like it and took some shots at them while Hal was leaving dust. One bullet went through just below the 'cuda sign on the back and lodged in the passenger side seat. (It went through the vinyl trim on the seat. The metal in that seat saved Debbie's life. We got in and figured the trajectory would have hit her right lung. A few years later Hal was crushed to death by a semi. He was driving a brand new Corvette. There is a lesson to be learned there I like to think. That old Plymouth (wasn't old back then it was 1970) saved them and a new 1980 vette let him down. To be sure it wasn't the cars fault.
Ever since Hal died I have been trying to find a car similar to yours I could fix up to honor him. I recently had to quit my job due to disability so that's one wish that will never happen due to my arthritis and bone issues. But, I got my memories of the times we had in it. I loved that car. Hal never hot rodded it. He drove like an adult. Very unusual for a teenager.
Anyway, thanks for letting me tell my story,

Speed

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy that bought it is local and I'm going to help him restore it. It worked out really good for both of us.

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll be doing some "how to" videos. I have to get the new shop finished first. We're set to start the 71 cuda next summer.

Excellent. Maybe the two of you could do a thread on restoring it.

SpeedRacer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! I'd like to see all the old 'Cudas on the road there are. Hope the videos turn out great.
Speed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back