• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 Cuda Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Car has been sold

I think I've found a Superbird to buy so this one has to go.
This car started out life as a 318 1971 Barracuda Gran Coupe. I transformed it into a Cuda about nine years ago. It had very little rust in the car. This car has been here in the south all of it's life.
It now has a 340 with a 4-speed. The car has the following...340 engine with correct air cleaner, MP valve covers, Gilled fenders, bulge hood, hood pins and brackets, leather interior, GC woodgrain inserts on doors, GC bezel, all gauges work, GC OH console, Tuff wheel, 4-speed Console, Cuda emblems on new door panels, factory original rear window louvers, gull wing, cuda rocker moldings, cuda tail moldings, Flowmaster exhaust, 16" Hopster rims, Goodyear GS tires.
This car starts and runs great. With the 3.23 gears it gets 17 mpg on the freeway. It is the most dependable musclecar that I've owned. It still has the same spark plugs that I installed when I built the car nine years ago. If you want a car that you can buy and just go out and drive, this is it. We just drove it to the Branson Super Summer Cruise a few weeks ago in 96 degree weather with no problems whatsoever. That's a 500 mile round trip plus all of the cruising.The color is Tornado red and is slightly darker than the photos show. I have the a/c lines and late model compressor for the car. I took them off when I had the shaker hood off of my unrestored 71 Cuda on this car for a while. The a/c worked great before I removed it.
If you've always wanted a nice 71 Cuda but didn't have the 60+ thousand for a real one then this will work for you.
I'm asking $32,000 for the car. The car is located in Greenwood, Arkansas which is near I-40 at the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. Contact me at

71cudaclone01.jpg

71cudaclone12.jpg

71cudaclone04.jpg

71cudaclone05.jpg

Last edited:

hotrod98

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so too. I keep going back and forth, changing the wheels out occasionally.
Here's how it looked when I first put the Hopsters on.

CUDA3.jpg

DarrenM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the trunk floor look like, under the trunk mat?

I think I've found a Superbird to buy so this one has to go.
This car started out life as a 318 1971 Barracuda Gran Coupe. I transformed it into a Cuda about nine years ago. It had very little rust in the car. This car has been here in the south all of it's life.
It now has a 340 with a 4-speed. The car has the following...340 engine with correct air cleaner, MP valve covers, Gilled fenders, bulge hood, hood pins and brackets, leather interior, GC woodgrain inserts on doors, GC bezel, all gauges work, GC OH console, Tuff wheel, 4-speed Console, Cuda emblems on new door panels, factory original rear window louvers, gull wing, cuda rocker moldings, cuda tail moldings, Flowmaster exhaust, 16" Hopster rims, Goodyear GS tires.
This car starts and runs great. With the 3.23 gears it gets 17 mpg on the freeway. It is the most dependable musclecar that I've owned. It still has the same spark plugs that I installed when I built the car nine years ago. If you want a car that you can buy and just go out and drive, this is it. We just drove it to the Branson Super Summer Cruise a few weeks ago in 96 degree weather with no problems whatsoever. That's a 500 mile round trip plus all of the cruising.The color is Tornado red and is slightly darker than the photos show. I have the a/c lines and late model compressor for the car. I took them off when I had the shaker hood off of my unrestored 71 Cuda on this car for a while. The a/c worked great before I removed it.
If you've always wanted a nice 71 Cuda but didn't have the 60+ thousand for a real one then this will work for you.
I'm asking $32,000 for the car. The car is located in Greenwood, Arkansas which is near I-40 at the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. Contact me at [email protected] or call Larry Roper 479 719-3872
More pics available by request.

6packcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That car looks amazing with the rallyes on it. It's gotta be tough to let a beauty like that go. Good luck with the sale.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That car looks amazing with the rallyes on it. It's gotta be tough to let a beauty like that go. Good luck with the sale.

The only way that I've been able to think about parting with it is because I have a real 71 Cuda, Tor-Red Bench seat car that I can build some day to replace this one. It's not near as solid as this car, but with all of the new sheet metal that's out there now, that's not quite as important as it was when I built this one. There's no aftermarket sheet metal on this car. Even the seats are the original seats. They were always leather, but now they're black instead of white. The only repro stuff is the typical stuff that's needed in a resto like carpet, etc.
It even has the original jack assembly.
The bumpers are the originals, but I painted them.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time is running out on my being able to buy the bird that I've found. If I don't sell one of my cars soon, I'll have to let the guy try to sell the bird to someone else. As long as I can still buy the bird, I'll take 28K for my car. If you want a very nice driving car, you won't be disappointed. If the bird sells, my car comes off of the market entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back