• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 cuda gf7 restoration

gf7cuda

Reaction score
Looking for a little guidance, my body guy is ready to jam my 71 cuda in f7 green. Does anybody know paint code? when i see pictures there is different shades of dark green. on some pics some are a little lighter, but not sassy grass or lime green. On Barracuda reference guide it lists 1971 f7 ivory green..... any info guys? thanks!

moparleo

Reaction score
It is going to depend on the brand of paint that you are using. Original paints were enamel. Those paints don't exist anymore. You will need to do spray out cards until you get the tint that you want.

We have some professional painters on our site who I am sure can chime in with a better answer.

gf7cuda

Reaction score
It is going to depend on the brand of paint that you are using. Original paints were enamel. Those paints don't exist anymore. You will need to do spray out cards until you get the tint that you want.

We have some professional painters on our site who I am sure can chime in with a better answer.
thanks, moparleo, Im not a body guy more on the mechanical end. i will pass this on!

gf7cuda

Reaction score
ppg has the best reputation followed by Exalta formerly Dupont!!!
thanks man, sorry for late response... my body guy is going with ppg. appreciate it!

Back