• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1971 R/T Stripe Measurements

R/T 71

Reaction score
I want to install these R/T stripes, but not in the wrong place. Does anyone have a measurement from top of stripe to door body line. I have looked at the engineering drawing for it, but cannot decipher it. "I'm a pharmacist, Jim. Not an engineer." Anyway, measurements for the door decal would be nice. The other two pieces would be easy after that. Thanks.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Had to use my way back machine to find this. Think it was in 88 couldn't stay long. Might have others. Have to re calibrate the way back machine to find them.

challenger rt strip decal.png

challenger driver side rt 2.png

challenger pass side door front png.png

challenger pass side door strip.png

challenger pass side rt.png

challenger rt strip p door  rear.png

challrnger rt pass side.png

Adam

Reaction score
Take a close look at the stripe placement around the door handle on original car/pics; this is critical because everything will have to line up with that. Then mock up a stripe into place with some masking tape, make some adjustments so it looks right and take some measurements. When doing the install, put the door stripe on first.

Use new/fresh decals as old ones shrink when not installed and will never look right.

Back