• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 340 valve cover breather

jeffv21

Reaction score
Does someone know if in 72 the 340s used 1, 2 or 3 ports on the breather? Roseville sold me a 3 port i'm thinking it is wrong now. From what I have found 1 of the ports goes to the gas return line, but I have a line from the charcoal canister that goes to the return line. Another line on canister goes to carb. bowl where I believe another port on breather goes to. I'm thinking I should have 1 port on breather that goes to air cleaner.:BangHead: Help!

burdar

Reaction score
It might just have one large port that goes to the air cleaner. That's how my 73 318 is setup. The charcoal canister has three ports. 1.tank vent 2.carb bowl vent 3. vacuum port on carb to suck in vapors.

jeffv21

Reaction score
Thanks Burdar. I emailed Roseville. He says that is the right one. I have 4 ports on my canister (only year). Ports on breather go to carb bowl, air cleaner and canister. The ports on the canister goes to breather, fuel return line, a tee that goes to dist., and vac. port on carb. For any one else trying to do this there is technical report at Hamtramck Registry that shows routing of the hoses. www.hamtramck-historical.com then library then technical service reports.

Back