• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 barracuda value?

Luis

Reaction score
Hi everyone. There is a 1972 barracuda up for sale. I already have a 70 so I do not need the car or want the car really as I do not have room or time for another's project. But the barracuda is a C code so originally had the 225 engine. However this one has the 340-6 pack engine. I myself want to make my barracuda into an aar clone and have been looking for a 6 pack engine. I know someone with one but he wants a huge chunk of cash. I was thinking of buying this 72 barracuda to take out the 340-6 engine and then sell the 72 barracuda without an engine. The car has an 8 3/4 3 speed 727. Was originally a 6 cylinder car but will be without a motor. Minimal rust. Haven't seen the car but it's a western car so pretty sure if it has rust just in the trunk pan and maybe lower rear quarters. At most. Bucket seats. Console. Standard dash. Missing door panels but besides that all complete. Original lemon twist yellow but was painted white. Paint is alright 6/10 just has a small dent on the front headlight area. About the size of a base ball. Has a cuda rallye hood. I am not looking to resell for profit really the price is $12K. But I am interested in the engine. So if I were to take the engine out and sell the car without the engine what do you guys think it's worth? Just a good estimate with the description I gave. I just want to make sure if I buy the car that I'll be getting the engine at a decent price. Let me know what you guys think. And by the way. The engine Is a regular 340 made into a 6 pack.

Reaction score
The barracuda would be worth way more running and driving, I'd be thinking pull the 340 if that's what you want find a 318 or 360 and install it to then sell the car as a driver. It's not numbers matching anyway so you won't be hurting the value. I've done this in the past to help keep the cost of the parts I want more reasonable.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
sorry, you asked. we have no idea what it looks like.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
I kind of have to agree with KATSAAR... There seems to be a lot of people asking that question... What is my car worth? and they come here because this is THE Ebody site.
I don't mind giving my opinion but, we do need a little more info that what is provided in your post. So some pictures and any info you have will go a long way...

seneca

Reaction score
What do you know about the 340 Six Pak in this car? That seems to be your main desire; but is this an original 340 + 6 ??

Canuck74

Reaction score
Original sixer, that's cool. If you lived up here in Ontario you could get $12000 for a solid roller Barracuda. Maybe that's a little high, but close. I don't think you'd get any more putting a 318 in, it would be pulled immediately for a 440.

Dean

moper

Reaction score
Why not just buy a 6bbl intake setup and run it on whatever you have now? Seems like a lot of effort for really the intake and carbs. You could be running what you want for $3K and a weekend.

Back