• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Challenger Rallye -- Restoration

Jooeys

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

Very happy with the before and after of my defogger motor

image.jpg

image.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
Looks good. How did you do it? Did you leave the housing bare metal or is it painted?

Jooeys

Reaction score
Had the parts acid dipped and then painted them with Seymour paint .. Plate was stainless steal & the housing was aluminum

Jooeys

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

Need a little help again ... Looking for the rubber seal for the gas cap(pic 1) & also the rubber seal for the drivers side fresh air box(pic 2) .. I'll post the pictures also

image.jpg

image.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
I don't think the air box seal is available. I just left mine on. All I had to do was clean up the box and it was ready to reinstall. Is there a reason you took yours apart?

Maybe a hardware store would have an assortment of rubber seals for the gas cap?

Jooeys

Reaction score
I didn't realize at the time that it wasn't available ... And liked me I jumped the gun and ripped it off ... I'm still learning ... Good news I did find one at a local swap meet.
** UPDATE **. Cars going for media blasting next month and to start working on the frames rails and floor pans .. Excited

Jooeys

Reaction score
Well ... Finally got the call from the guy doing my frame rails & body work .. Looks like the cars going the begin of July now. Fingers crossed he doesn't get behind .. Would be nice to get it out of my garage and bring my new challenger back home to enjoy in the summer

Jooeys

Reaction score
No, the car still sits in my garage and the welder hasn't got a hold of me ... Pretty frustrating honestly. I'm not going to chase him, so if he doesn't call by the middle of August I will look for another person to do the work.
Does anyone have the front half of a non AC heater box they no longer need .. I'm having a problem finding one

Back