• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1972 Challenger Rallye -- Restoration

Jooeys

Reaction score
Quick question you for people ... Would this strap on the heater box be a factory thing or do you think it was done after the fact ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jooeys

Reaction score
Any of you guys know where I can get dry rub " penstar " transfer lettering do redo my dash vin ? Performance car graphics no longer sells it ?

Jooeys

Reaction score
And the fun continues ... Just inspected my dash and the mount area for the radio is all cut up and a complete mess ! ... So now what ? I assume it wouldn't be easy to get another dash frame ....
Oh Boy

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Hi Jooeys, there is a guy that sells the rivets, little pricie www.moparts.com they are located in the e-body parts for sale.When you got to have them, you just got to pay.

Jooeys

Reaction score
Found a pair of rivets for $ 50 .. I know ! Their so cheap .. But I needed them and I also found a dash frame .. Took abit of work but I did ...
So up to this point .. Dash is out, all the pumping behind is out & found a hole in the firewall behind the heat box.

Engine and tranny to go and then I'll start on removing the brake lines

burdar

Reaction score
Don't throw anything away until the car is done. You never know what you may need to complete the project. It looks like your upper shock hardware is original. It even looks like the little stamped nut is installed. You can have those piece replated and they will look new...a lot cheaper then buying repop hardware.

Jooeys

Reaction score
The garage and now the shed and spare bedroom are quickly getting full of parts ... Not making the wife happy ! ..lol

Bill

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I am lucky enough to have a barn to put my parts in during my 73 Challenger restoration process in my garage. If your wife loves you as much as my wife loves me she realizes how happy your project makes you. Happy husbond = happy wife?
Keep it going. It's looking good!

Jooeys

Reaction score
Brother in law and sister came over from dinner tonight . Showed him how far I've made out and within an hour the engine was out.. Lol .. Tranny for another day

JDcuda

Reaction score
I have a lot of parts for that car. let me know what you need...

Jooeys

Reaction score
Just put in my order for Seymour paints .. Excited to get them & start restoring the odd items while I save up a bit more for the sandblasting & metal work

Jooeys

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

Here are a couple parts I just refinished .. Love that Seymour paint line .. Goes on very nice

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back