• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1974 Cuda + 1971 Grille + 70 Valance Filler? Will this fit???

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Hoping someone could provide a little insight, working on a 74 Barracuda. We just got a 71 Grille and hoping it will work?

Also, will a 70 Valance top filler work in the 74 Valance panel?

I can't seem to find out if they are interchangeable. I know the 1970 had a different Header Panel. We are using the 1974 Header panel.

Thank you all in advance for any help.

BuckeyeCuda

Reaction score
I would think that the 71 grill would be the one that would Not work, as the 71 is the only one with 4 headlights, vice 70 and 72-74 with one, so the fit would be very different. Not to say that you couldn't "jerry-rig" something, but it would not look good. Better to sell the 71 grill and opt for a correct (and cheaper) 72-74 grill.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It will be a lot of work , Only the 71 header will hold the grille properly unless you do a lot of fabrication to create mounts .
As mentioned above you will need the quad headlight mounts & they have to be positioned correctly to match with the grille on 3 axis so L to R , Vertical & depth where it mounts to the inner fender .
I have no clue if the valance insert from a 70 will work in your valence

Pacoloco

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your imput. Yes, limited funds and basically using what we got! We'll try to dry fit it all before we put it all together and have to cut anything. Hopefully a little tape and some zipties can do the trick. I kid, I kid...

NoCar340

Reaction score
A '71 grille, '70 valance insert, and a '74 valance? What was your plan for turn signals? The '74 has them in the valance insert, the '70 has them in the grille, and the '71 has the turn signals in the valance itself--a one-year part.

The effort to fabricate the headlamp mountings, by itself, seems like more effort than it's worth.

Back