• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1st annual GPS vintage car show. Metro-Detroit. No trailers.

mmissile

Reaction score
This is a beautiful setting on Lake St.Clair, next to the GPYC. There is a marina, lakefront walk, pier, and a beautiful big-tree park setting. This park is generally only open to residents, and I'm looking to see if anybody has a really nice,drive-able ride to this event. This will be a growing event, and is sure to be a "must-do" in the future. Joe Pappas is bringing one of the "Mopar/Motown Missile" cars. If you have a nice [any brand] car, pre-1990...bring it out. There will be cider-donuts, free hotdog, chips, pop[for car owner/driver]....dash plaques, and several trophies. Music will be non-blaring... 60's, 70's, and 80's tunes. There is a concession stand. I used to run the security at this park for the Dept of Public Safety, some time ago. Nice place!!! See and please complete/return entry for my wife to get proper amounts of supplies/food. This is the 1st time, and should be a great start. Pre-registered folks will get dash plaques, until they run out. We have no idea how many will attend....but hoping for at least 100. NO TRAILERS unless you have something spectacular.

Thanks, and enjoy....Mike Ricketts/ Macomb Missile.

http://www.gpshoresmi.gov/Portals/40/PDFs/Classic car show flyer 2016.pdf
Grosse Pointe Shores > Home

mmissile

Reaction score
Hi folks. It's imperative that people that plan to attend this show, call or email the contact info[above]. This is a first time show, and a rough head-count will be very helpful in the planning of supplies. Please contact as a courtesy.

Thanks, Mike Ricketts/Macomb Missile.

mmissile

Reaction score
It looks like we have 30 cars who people have bothered to pre-register. Quite the variety, but it also appears to be mopar heavy[2/3 so far]. LOL. I'm thinkin'/hoping this is gonna be a good turn-out.

Joe Pappas is bringing the 71 Motown Missile, Challenger.

2vl009j.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. We're 2/3 mopars registered. It's supposed to be a beautiful day. High 70's and just a few clouds. Anybody else gonna come out? Tell your brand-x buddies.

mmissile

Reaction score
Had a great day. We had a bunch of nice mopars, along with a variety of brand-X and euro. The Motown Missile sounded great, and a photo-shoot was done with Lake St. Clair in the background, after the event. I'd like to thank all those who attended, and we already have plans on a bigger and better show for next year. Lots of smiling people, today.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
This was a really great show, thanks to you and your wife for all your effort! It is a perfect setting for a show and the only complaint I have is that it could have been a little longer, maybe noon to 4 next year?

Some highlights.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Great place to hang out if you're into boats as well, notice my yacht in the last 2 pics....
My Challenger is making some noise in the front end and I didn't have time to diagnose or fix it last week so I took the trusty Imperial.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

mmissile

Reaction score
Matt, thanks for the pictures. We already have a few things in the works for next year.....
Joe and Lynn said that next year, they'll bring the "wire car". I didn't really hear any complaints, and I know people were very happy about the venue. All in all, I'd say it was a great "1st" annual show.

seneca

Reaction score
What? No Gran Torino???
Couldn't make it this year due to a vacation schedule, but you can put me down for next year for sure!

Back