• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3 Speaker Wire Harness

nakabrd

Reaction score
I have a 3 speaker crossover wire harness from a 70 Challenger. I'm restoring the car and want to reinstall the 3 speaker dash. I'm not sure where all the wires go. Does anyone have a schematic they can post? Or tell me what the 2 multiwire connectors hook to (1 is a 4 wire with a male end, the other is a 9 wire with female end).
Thanks for the help.

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Let me look at my wiring harness I just took out. It had the three speaker option. The original wire harness is laid out pretty tight so it would be close to all the speaker connections. O

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Actually, I'm wrong. The 4 wire is to the rear speaker harness. The front/rear fader takes 6 wires as does the multiplex box. I see no 9 wire connector in my harness.

nakabrd

Reaction score
That's what I was looking for. One goes to the rear speaker harness and one goes to the fader. The guy before me cut off both connectors and the fader and rear harness are gone so I wasn't sure. I don't plan to install a fader or rear speaker so I'm hoping it will work as it's currently configured. Thanks for all the help!!

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
I don't have rear speakers either, but I included the fader in the circuit and have it dialed to full front. I'm not sure the stock multiplex system will work without the fader (unless you figure out the wiring and pot impedance for full front all the time).

Cudafor36

Reaction score
Looks like you have your answer from the above posts. I'll hold onto my old wire harness for a bit longer. Don't need it with this new gen 3 hemi obviously but one never knows what comes around

nakabrd

Reaction score
I'm still uncertain of how the wiring is supposed to go. The previous owner has cut a lot of the wires. Does anyone have a schematic or wiring diagram for one of these harnesses? Thanks

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hope this helps!
Dino2 (1).gif

speaker wiring diagram.jpg

nakabrd

Reaction score
Thanks paharamia. This does help. It shows me that I have a harness that's supposed to go back to a rear speaker. Those connections have been cut and removed. Now I need to find a rear speaker switch and attempt to rewire things. Thanks again.

Hemihead2

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but where does the crossover box mount? Directly to the glove box insert? I need to know before I start drilling holes.

Back