• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

318 Leaking Oil around Intake

delaneaf1

Reaction score
My problem is with my 318 engine. When cool the engine idles great although it misses when driving. After warming up, it appears that it leaks oil around the edges by the center of the intake manifold where it ajoins at the head. I ended up with oil all over my intake, coolant in my oil and some oil in my coolant. Would you know what the problem might be?

chasduster

Reaction score
First of all welcome.....sounds like the intake manifold gaskets are in need of replacing.....Make sure you use thread sealer on all the bolts...Pics would be a big help just to see what you see....It may have a vaccum leak that may make it skip...you may just fix all your problems with one set of gaskets....

delaneaf1

Reaction score
The center ports of the intake and around the center port of the head where the intake bolts up was black. Does oil go through the intake anywhere? The center port on both sides of the intake were greasy.

Rob C

Reaction score
Yes, oil can leak from the intake bolts. Try some sealent, teflon tape, etc... around the bolts.

Back