• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 340 TA Block/Engine Needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamRod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,
I have a 1970 Challenger TA that I bought a while ago, and I have been looking for an engine for a while. It is such a cool car and I want to make sure that I bring it back to as close to original as possible. I don't want to use a crate engine in it, I would feel that I am breaking some law. If anyone has a 340 TA Block or even better, a complete engine, that would be great.
Thanks

RamRod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the main question, isn't it. I guess that I would be open to conversation about it. It seems that finding one is the hardest thing. Don't have much to compare it do.

mike ketterer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the last three numbers on your vin. i have 4 motors but only available to the original cars

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a T/A short block sitting on an engine stand that I recently pulled from my T/A clone... owned the engine for past ~40 years... I'd consider letting it go for $5k. Needs to be rebuilt... very strong engine!

I also have other parts... extra six-pack intake mfld, one brand new original virgin bare T/A head. PM me and we can talk.

floyd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a T/A short block sitting on an engine stand that I recently pulled from my T/A clone... owned the engine for past ~40 years... I'd consider letting it go for $5k. Needs to be rebuilt... very strong engine!

I also have other parts... extra six-pack intake mfld, one brand new original virgin bare T/A head. PM me and we can talk.

What’s the VIN on the block?

RamRod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do some digging but the last three numbers are 557 and 610. Let me know if any of those match. I’m in Minnesota, but would be happy to figure something out for shipping or come get them.
I really appreciate this. They are two really cool cars that I want to get back on the road. Thanks

fastmark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you need two TA blocks? I’ve got 0B308846. According to Barry, it came in a Challenger. I think the car is long gone. It has never surfaced in the 30 years I’ve owned it.

RamRod

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Eventually I will. I bought two project cars from the original owner. One was a ta the other an Aar. They were sister cars. Exactly the same options, paint, interior, etc. He sold the drivetran back in the 80s and doesn’t know what happened to them. He thinks that he sold them to a racer who blew them up. I promised the guy that I bought the cars from that I would get them on the road again. I want to start one of the cars over the winter. Since it started snowing already yesterday.

Tom's EK2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello -
Looks like I need to check these other ads/threads.
Can I get back with you on ta blocks? I can send vin for 2 AAR's I'm working on.
Thanks
Hello -
Looks like I need to check these other ads/threads.
Can I get back with you on ta blocks? I can send vin for 2 AAR's I'm working on.
Thanks
Checked my vin Last 3 would be 410 and 028.
Believe I may post a "wanted "
Thanks

Sean Ward

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a 1970 Challenger TA that I bought a while ago, and I have been looking for an engine for a while. It is such a cool car and I want to make sure that I bring it back to as close to original as possible. I don't want to use a crate engine in it, I would feel that I am breaking some law. If anyone has a 340 TA Block or even better, a complete engine, that would be great.
Thanks
Hello, I also have a T/A block. It will need to be sleeved. It has been modified to have 4 bolt mains as well. I am in MN, if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back