• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440-Six Pack

440-6 Pack

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Chris and I own a 1970 440-six pack Challenger, true V code. I picked it up in California where it sat behind a house for 29 years. Its up and running again and I have it in the body shop getting the body work done. Still a lot to do.
Glad to be on the site.
CD

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
IMG_5970.jpeg

440-6 Pack

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I should run unleaded gas in the car? I can't seem to get a straight answer, its all over the globe.
Thanks
CD

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Yes, Chris, we'd love to see some "in work" photos!

My 2¢ worth: You can run unleaded gas in it. Probably have to run premium. Eventually the exhaust valves will wear the seats out and then you'll need to have hardened seats installed. Since it's in the body shop, now would be a great time to pull the intake and heads. Freshen up the three carbs and get the cylinder heads rebuilt.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
That’ sounds like a cool project.
You can can certainly run unleaded fuel.
Harden valve seat should be the build.
I have a warmed up 440 6 barrel and split 93 non-ethanol with 100 octanes AV gas. It’s seems to love the combo. I personally feel the ethanol is bad on the carbs.
We’d love to see your car when you get time. 👍🏻

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Not only is ethanol not great for your carbs but it’s been proven to not be good for rubber fuel lines and steel tanks and fuel line.

Back