• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 swap with alterktion kit

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
It moves the steering to the front so there is more clearance for the oil pan so yes you can have center or rear sump , but if you have not bought an alterktion drive one first , you will lose steering / turning radius , & it uses pinto front end parts , not the best IMO .

Mopar madness

Reaction score
It moves the steering to the front so there is more clearance for the oil pan so yes you can have center or rear sump , but if you have not bought an alterktion drive one first , you will lose steering / turning radius , & it uses pinto front end parts , not the best IMO .
Well that sucks it’s already on the car. We will see. I still have the original parts though if I don’t like it. Dropped the motor and trans in last night front sump worked fine

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
As you say try it maybe you will be Ok with it .
no one has yet created a well thought out front steering system for Mopar , you cannot reverse the spindles as the Akerman is backwards . there is no replacement lower ball joint with the correct akerman which would be the best solution .

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have their K frame and front suspension on the front of my 70. No issues to date. I did have to modify my #1 header tube to clear the steering rod to the rack. I am however able to run a 10 quart flat bottom top fuel/funny car oil pan with plenty of ground clearance.

Attachments

• rsz_20160414_201129.jpg
    rsz_20160414_201129.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG9525591.jpg
    IMG9525591.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 147

Mopar madness

Reaction score
Nice. I think I will like it. Picking it a 71 cuda this weekend already torn down and blasted with a ton of parts. All original numbers matching 340

Back