• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

502 Street car project.

Rob R

Reaction score
I thought I'd post some pictures of a low deck I'm putting together for a customer...Try to get a little traffic happening here on this site.It's for a B Body but some might find it interesting.
It's for a serious street car it'll have Billet main caps...the lifter bushings are indexed and bushed with cast bushings"I don't like bronze for a street car" Manley Pro Billet rods..custom JE's 15.6 to 1..custom solid roller...Jesel belt drive and Indy-1's with a 350 cc intake runner that flow 395 cfm...

502.JPG

5022.jpg

5023.jpg

5025.jpg

5026.jpg

5028.jpg

6packcuda

Reaction score
Wow! That's some serious compression for a street car. What kind of HP numbers are you shootin' for?

Rob R

Reaction score
He loves to pull the gears and he says he'll be happy with 750 hp but I'm pretty sure he'll be disappointed if it makes under 800...
I'll do my very best and I've never disappointed anybody yet...
I'll post more pictures as I get it together and the Dyno video...

burntorange70

Reaction score
Dang! That is going to be one bad street car. This guy must not mess around when he gets the groceries.

Rob R

Reaction score
These guys are all around my age and hang around together.They don't go to car shows they just like to get together on certain nights and beat up on their cars...see who misses a gear...
98% of the car guys in this town just don't get why these guys spend the money that they do on their cars so they stick together.Most of these guys have had at least one of there cars since the 70's...
And I'm lucky enough to be able to do all the work on these cars...

couple more pictures...

50211.jpg

50210.jpg

Rob R

Reaction score
four40...

It's not suppose to run on pump gas...it's suppose to make hp...I wanted to use B-1's on it but he wanted to use Indy1-s...His engine is a copy of the low deck that I run in my GTX with the exception of the cam.This cam should make more power than the one in my engine.I know it would make more power with B-1's but a block failure would be guaranteed at this power level on the street the way he punishes his car.
His car is a 67 R/T with one of my old Jerico trans in it.
I know it's not an E body but I though some might find this thread interesting after all an engine is an engine...Oh and it's a 502 ci

djwhog

Reaction score
Nice looks great so far, what is the trans going to be?

Rob R

Reaction score
djwhog...
He's got a Jerico for it.
71 Ply...
I'm getting around to surfacing the heads...got a little extra piston to valve that I don't need.
and I've still got my GTX...I got a little lucky with my health issues so I'll drive it one last summer.I don't want the wife to get stuck dealing with all the Chiselers and Pikers when something like this comes up for sale.
Over the next year I'll be selling all my spare engines/Trans/intakes and that kinda thing.
I have a couple of guys who are serious about the car so that's one thing that I'm not worried about.

and your car looks Great..!! really like that color

djwhog

Reaction score
Nice way nice, well keep in touch and I may be wanting some parts or a car too.

take care, hope you stay feeling OK , keep on keeping on and thanks for the comp too buddy! :)

StRoKer

Reaction score
Dont think that will run on pump gas..what is it going in? Whats the cubic inches??

Definatley not gonna run on Pump gas at that compression.... even with a 280 @ 50 camshaft :eek:

djwhog

Reaction score
Well I think you need to sell me that car down the raod, what a great job you are doing!
Keep us posted on the progress to:)

moper

Reaction score
Interesting choice betweenn the iron lifter bushings and the belt drive... Looks like a fun engine. Did I see right, you went with the larger pickup too?

Rob R

Reaction score
Interesting choice between the iron lifter bushings and the belt drive... Looks like a fun engine. Did I see right, you went with the larger pickup too?

Iron bushings in a street car is a must the bronze does wear with a lot of street miles.The belt drive just makes life easier...dyno tuning..cam swaps and harmonic dampening.
I do all the oil mods to every block that way if it's ever sold the new owner can use the big pickup or use an external pickup like this engine has.
We stoped on this build as the customer is now playing with his new Mustang for this summer :rolleyes: he's talking about a supercharger on a brand new car...boys and their toys

Back