• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

6.4 hemi engine oil dipstick.

mmissile

Reaction score
My SRT 6.4 engine had the dipstick in the pan, which has been changed. I knocked the plug outta the block[left side] for access to the replacement oil pan.....
Which dipstick works well for this conversion? I have custom built headers, if that's any concern. Does a truck or Jeep have the left side dipstick? I can re-bend the tube if needed.

Thanks, mike.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm wondering if there's a factory one for the left side? I'm doing a "factory" look to my install, if possible.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I don't know. When I did the 5.7 several years ago there were no kits or anything available. We had to make it all up. I spent a lot of time at my local dealer looking at cars, trucks on the lot and looking at parts pages on their computer. You might have to go take a look also. I know the Jeep exhaust manifolds fit in our old cars. I don't know about the Jeep dipstick. Maybe you can get a dipstick and fab up your own tube. The tube diameter may be the same as our old cars.

mmissile

Reaction score
All builds are different... and I couldn't use the Jeep manifolds on my `cuda. I had a the 5.7 stuff all gathered up for my build, then went with a new 6.4 and NAG1. I think the only thing I've bought is the motor mounts[which one side didn't fit], and the oil pan[pickup didn't fit]. I gotta look at my buddy's SRT Jeep next time I go shooting.

mmissile

Reaction score
The manifolds cleared everything except a corner of the steering box. I have a pair of ceramic-coated ones available. SRT

cps

Reaction score
i used a dipstick off a 2014 dodge ram 1500. my motor is a 5.7 out of a 2014 dodge charger. I'm using the charger exhaust manifolds now but might switch over to the ram manifolds. the drivers side clears just fine but the passenger side is real close to the frame rail due to a bend or angle in the manifold. the ram manifold seems to be a little straighter or lacking the bend towards the frame rail. but thats just what i get from looking under the ram i haven't put them side by side yet.

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
I ordered a new 6.4 RAM dipstick. I re-bent the tube, re-located/welded the bracket, and powdercoated it... to make it fit around the custom headers. It looks like it came that way.

3136urc.jpg

Last edited:

hpjunke

Reaction score
My SRT 6.4 engine had the dipstick in the pan, which has been changed. I knocked the plug outta the block[left side] for access to the replacement oil pan.....
Which dipstick works well for this conversion? I have custom built headers, if that's any concern. Does a truck or Jeep have the left side dipstick? I can re-bend the tube if needed.

Thanks, mike.
Hi Mike i used a lokar works perfect

Back