• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70-74 Challenger: front seat-backrest with a "sleep" position?

TobiasM

Reaction score
Hello FEBO-community!

Can the backrest of the front bucket-seats from a 70-74 Challenger be tilted/adjusted backwards, that it comes down horizontally nearly flat (approx. 180° angle / sleep-position)?

If not "nearly flat", to which angle can it be tilted/adjusted at least?

I`m asking cause I want to store some bulky parts inside the car when it gets shipped to me. If at least the passenger-seat`s back-rest is adjustable, this would be a big help for me.

quapman

Reaction score
E-body bucket seats will not lay horizontally. You'd have to remove the seat backs to achieve what you're trying to do.

TobiasM

Reaction score
Thanks quapman, for info.

If they don`t lay horizontally in full 180°, are the backrests at least adjustable in any way / to a certain degree?

TobiasM

Reaction score
Matt, got it, thanks very much.

I`ll find a solution anyway. :)

jeff968

Reaction score
They fold forward to allow passage into the backseat, they do not recline at all.

Not totally true. Let's not forget the option C62 6-way seat which does recline to some degree, not what the OP is looking for but they do recline some.

moparleo

Reaction score
For all intents and purposes, the bucket seats do not recline or have any seat back adjustment. You normally will find that the drivers seat looks like it reclines a small amount, but that really only means that the seat back frame is bent. The seat back is very easy to remove. Only 2 bolts.

Back