• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 70 Challenger 6 cyl automatic car for sale LA Craigslist-Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F5CC4DBD-77FD-42ED-B6E0-2DEF7B3A8E0B.png
One more pic same show, this pic doesn’t show well, but this shot shows a rear view. Sorry.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is a beauty. It looks good even with the bumper guards. its very practical to have them, specially on a daily driver.
Let us now wait and see the experts' valuation of this car. Perhaps an eye opener for some!

Gigidy...., I can't wait to see some numbers!

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment Budascuda, ah yes the ‘74 Challenger bumper guards, those things protected well, my OEM sheet metal and trim more than once in its driving history of 100 miles a day to LA and back for work and then later at 44 miles a day. I started it’s driving duties in 1973. I also added the the after market vinyl side molding in 1975. This has kept the flanks pretty much dent free. In all that time NO major accidents of any type. 3 engines, 2 trans., 2 rear ends. 3 full paint jobs all the same color EK2 since new. Last painted 1998, Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Base/Clear 20 years ago. You know it might be interesting to see what my fellow enthusiasts think of it.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see I would say the car would have to be worth at least 20k and engine types don't really make that much difference in the value unless they are matching numbers for me the condition of the body panels. panel gaps and frame rail condition are most important as these are harder to fix then an engine rebuild or swap. I'd much rather swap an engine then change a welded panel or frame rail.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put the hood and spoiler on it?
I did! I was able to score on a beautiful clean sheet metal Power Bulge hood, from a ‘70 383 R/T Challenger for the princely sum of $55. I’ve always wanted that hood, gives a real aggressive look. But the price got me. So as not to fool those who know or think big block, I added homemade “225 MAGNUM” engine call outs. Hood pins were a $1.00, Dodge letters were $5.00. The rear T/A style spoiler just brought up the aggressive look from the rear.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see I would say the car would have to be worth at least 20k and engine types don't really make that much difference in the value unless they are matching numbers for me the condition of the body panels. panel gaps and frame rail condition are most important as these are harder to fix then an engine rebuild or swap. I'd much rather swap an engine then change a welded panel or frame rail.
Maybe, but just spitballing here, with the condition of the car say $20-25k. Some rust bubbling (not bad)at rear Dutchman’s panel. Car has never had any major body damage so the body panels other than hood, have never been off the car. Panel gaps are assy. line set. So. Calif. car it’s whole life, frame rails show no rust. If you site down the body no waviness, no irregularities.The 14” Rallyes are still the same ones put on by the original dealership.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I love your car and think it’s amazing that it’s been a part of your life and an active one at that for so long. My ‘71 vert was originally a flat hood car and somebody added that with hood pins and an original T/A spoiler at some point in its distant past.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your car and think it’s amazing that it’s been a part of your life and an active one at that for so long. My ‘71 vert was originally a flat hood car and somebody added that with hood pins and an original T/A spoiler at some point in its distant past.
I agree and these facts only add to the value of the car don't ever sell it you will regret it.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B042D717-50F9-46DD-A921-2DC04F6A0F33.png
Thanks a lot guys for all the good words. When I purchased the Dodge I was of course attracted to the color, but really the strange things was all the SE trim along with WSS decals on the aft quarters. The body tag reflects NO options at all.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t believe it has over 500K on it. The car looks very nice.All original panels no rust. Not even sure why your worried about what it’s worth. If you’ve had it all these years I’d say it’s priceless to you, part of the family.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Interesting that it had the WSS decal and no A91 on the tag. Did you say you have a build sheet? No more burnt orange interior?

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 113th car built that year!:)
When LA started up thier assy. line for the ‘70 line of cars. Monday Aug. 18th of ‘69 was the first day of regular production, starting on Aug. 1st of ‘69 was preproduction cars. So I believe my car was built the first day of regular production, when the new for ‘70 Challenger first rolled out. #113 is pretty early.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t believe it has over 500K on it. The car looks very nice.All original panels no rust. Not even sure why your worried about what it’s worth. If you’ve had it all these years I’d say it’s priceless to you, part of the family.
Total mileage on car is 562k miles starting with the original 40k miles on it when I bought it. A daily driver from 1973-2005, no major accidents, so none of the original sheet metal, other than the hood, has ever been off the car. It has never been garaged other than a double cover in driveway. Just kept it clean. There are some rust bubbles along bottom of back window in Dutchman’s panel. Priceless to me, yes your right, just curious I guess where it stands money wise in the car market. I could probably have it appraised, but, a lot of the enthusiasts here know E-body’s pretty well and can in themselves give a pretty good evaluation.

/sixchall

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that it had the WSS decal and no A91 on the tag. Did you say you have a build sheet? No more burnt orange interior?
Matt....... since the fender tag really has no options, other than high option paint EK2 Go-Mango, that’s it. I believe it wasn’t an ordered car but sent to a dealership with “just sell it” from Chrysler. Probably why it sat so long on the lot, was first sold April 22, 1970. Plus a base model 6-cylinder, no options at all. Different enthusiasts and myself think dealer threw a bunch of SE trim parts at to get rid of it, or a prospective buyer would buy it, if this or that was added to it. No buildsheet, LA’s anti-trash, line policy took care of that. My burnt orange interior deteriorated long ago, made a deal several years ago on a complete OE black SE interior in perfect condition for $100. No hesitation here on purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back