• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger R/T

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Laid some Go Mango yesterday...still have more to go...

1744.jpeg

1721.jpeg

1722.jpeg

1723.jpeg

1724.jpeg

1733.jpeg

wayne

Reaction score
Looks great, love that color. I like the idea of spraying the car with the fender bolts started to get them body color.

i_taz

Reaction score
I'm glad the bumble bee lives on as a stencil and not a sticker, altho mine has a piece of fuzz in it that I hav to repaint I guess....

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
I'm glad the bumble bee lives on as a stencil and not a sticker, altho mine has a piece of fuzz in it that I hav to repaint I guess....
We took measurements from the original...and freehand taped it from them...p.i.t.a. Should have bought a stencil

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
The body was rust free with exception of a business card size area behind the drivers door in the quarter panel, and a 4" x6" area in the drivers floor...we got original sheet metal panels and were able to carefully graft original molar sheet metal into both areas...win, win...WIN!

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
the engine bay metal was so pristine that we used the underside of the battery tray to scan for color match...thankfully the p.o. took the battery out of the car when it was parked...I scratched my head about the duct tape around the front as nd rear glass until I took it off and there was no rust thru anywhere...he must of loved this car...

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Getting ready to spray the front behind the grill area black. I've seen that most mention no rhyme or reason as to how much of the area is black but it is focused on the center area and sprayed in an upward angle from below. My car is 100% untouched up front yet the black covers the entire rad support including both headlight buckets....hmmmm ...guess I'll do it as it was...

20180919_095350_resized.jpg

20180919_095356_resized.jpg

moparlee

Reaction score
Getting ready to spray the front behind the grill area black. I've seen that most mention no rhyme or reason as to how much of the area is black but it is focused on the center area and sprayed in an upward angle from below. My car is 100% untouched up front yet the black covers the entire rad support including both headlight buckets....hmmmm ...guess I'll do it as it was...

View attachment 64369

View attachment 64370
Not say'in it's not original. But that black out looks waaay neater with more coverage than what the guy on the line would have done. Especially in the headlight bucket area, almost like it has been masked off.

DANSTERZ

Reaction score
Not say'in it's not original. But that black out looks waaay neater with more coverage than what the guy on the line would have done. Especially in the headlight bucket area, almost like it has been masked off.
I agree with you...all indications show the car had never been apart...who knows tho..thanks for your reply

Back