• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda information

danbrooks

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm new here as I have a 68 dart, this is my first e-body car I've ever owned but figured I'd ask a few questions.
I recently acquired a factory original 70 cuda, 440 automatic car, this car was completely disassembled by the previous owner and he then put it in storage and it's been sitting ever since. I've always known about the car and told the owner if he ever wanted to sell make me the first one on the list, that finally happened two weeks ago. This car is factory original, no rust anywhere and has all the original sheet metal,interior, and drive line, it's all complete just taken apart. I feel I have the knowledge to reassemble everything except the wiring, that I might need help with. My questions are this,
1- Did this car ever come painted a very very deep copper color? What's on it looks original to me and I really don't think it was ever painted by the looks of the door panels and floor board, it still has the factory 440 stripe on the rear quarter panel. I've seen them painted the light copper but never this deep copper.
2- Did this car come with a luggage rack? by the looks of the underside of the trunk lid it appears to have had one at one time and someone filled in the holes and made the deck smooth. I've seen them with the spoiler but not the rack.
3- What would you put on this as a value knowing everything is there and factory original? I need to repaint the car but I'm the kind of guy who will reassemble this back to original condition and leave it that way. I actually think I may leave the factory motor/trans under the bench and drop something else in so as to not ruin the factory motor.
Thanks for all your input, Dan.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Yes. There was a deep copper option. Dodge called it burnt orange. Right now I don't remember Plymouths name for the color. The Cuda could have come with a luggage rack. Post a pic of the fender tag and several other pics of the car and we can help with the original color, options, and the cars value.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Dodge called it dark burnt orange while Plymouth used deep, its one of my faves.
Impossible to even start guessing at values without at least a bunch of detailed pics.

danbrooks

Reaction score
so it could have come with the luggage rack? never seen that before, and I ended up paying 8k for the complete project would you say it's worth that much??

js29

Reaction score
from the sound of it i would say yes. a true u code cuda! there are rust buckets out there selling for that or more.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Yes, I'd say you did very well. Luggage rack is a nice option, I've always thought they looked kool. Check google images and I'm sure some examples will come up.

Back