• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 cuda Road Lamps (Fog Lights)

quapman

Reaction score
OK, it's fairly common knowledge that road lamps came standard on 70 cudas. So, what's it mean if my car does NOT have them? Nope, not missing...they're not on the fender tag and no sign of a switch or relay. Did the customer delete them? They ran out? Forgot to put it on the tag?

IMG_1143_zpspgqtzjg2.jpg

shakercuda

Reaction score
Only the later fender tags were stamped with the L34 code. Most '70 'Cudas that I have owned were missing the roadlamps. Here is the tag from my current cuda project. Later than your's and still no L34. Being that you cuda has the A62 ralley cluster, the switch would have been mounted under the dash frame.

BS23H0BFENDERTAG.jpg

quapman

Reaction score
Thanks, Shaker. I got all excited when I found a B/C sheet inside one of the bucket seats, but it was for a 383 car, built much later. I imagine the seats got swapped in this car at some time. I got it in boxes. When I get the car unwrapped again, I'll look for signs of road lamps. I looked at my pics again and it appears that the lamp brackets were on the bumper brackets at one time.

quapman

Reaction score
While we're talking numbers, I know M21 & M88 are standard on 70 cudas, but what about M25 & M31? Mine has those and I see those codes on most tags that I've looked at. I'm more of a Challenger aficionado and previously thought that belt moldings were only standard issue on Gran Coupes.

shakercuda

Reaction score
Belt moldings were were also std on cudas. M25 is for the rocker gills. Also std on '70 cudas

quapman

Reaction score
You'da thunk they would have put them all in one A code like A63 on Challengers. Thanks for all the info. I really should know all this after 35 years with E bodies, but most of them have been Js, not Bs.

moparlee

Reaction score
You'da thunk they would have put them all in one A code like A63 on Challengers. Thanks for all the info. I really should know all this after 35 years with E bodies, but most of them have been Js, not Bs.

A63 is for the Challenger SE moulding pkg. M31 on a non SE gave you the belt and hood mouldings.

quapman

Reaction score
I'm aware of that, but why not make a combo code for the 'cuda instead of 27 M codes on one tag?

Back