• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 70 Hemi Challenger RT SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeofhorus01

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my brothers 70 Hemi challenger RT SE Automatic
All numbers matching
This is the first time since 1975 that this car has ever been seen or offered for sale
My brother is the second owner of the car
It was taken off the road in 1976 due to the car burning some oil.
Only 60 RT SE Hemi challengers were ever produced 37 automatics and 23 Four Speeds
what makes this car so rare is that only 4 ever made it in to Canada
The options on this car are super rare including power windows leather seats 6 way adjustable seat
original B5 Blue car
98% of the car is all there
it will need a total restoration
Rear frame rails are not bad but will need some work floor is not too bad either but does require a few small patches
there are new NOS Fenders for it as well as a NOS rear quarter
The Engine had one sleeve installed
includes new power forged pistons as well as other engine parts
Transmission is a little damaged from sitting on the ground for years
I will post a few pic on here
This car will not be going for cheap
best offers over 75 K
no tire kickers or picture collectors
905-304-6787 Ontario Canada
Ron

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg

74 challenger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck with the sale. Was your brother going to restore it,is that why its all in pieces?

eyeofhorus01

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there
Yes he was planing to restore it back in 1976 but never did
Already has a few phone calls on it so hoping it sells soon
Ron

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My offer of 50K is still good, however I am still working on other deals too.

If you can get 60K for it I think you have to take it. That's a super good price. Hope it all works out.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cody, did you talk to the owner of the car? I'm not in the market for it. It would sit here for years before I got to it.

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only spoke with his brother Ron. Seemed nice enough, but I will be honest I don't think anyone is going to pay 60K in this market. I hope I'm wrong and the prices have taken a major change upward, however I have not seen any evidence of the prices moving upward.

Did you make an offer? If you want, I'll step out of the way.... it's no biggie to me. I've got another 70 Hemi Challenger deal I'm working on and much like you I have at least 3 projects in front of it so it will sit for about 2-3 years before I get to it. I do believe that the next 10 years will prove to be a great time to be a Mopar fan as these rare type of cars will continue to come out of barns. Stashes of parts and projects will be available as the timing is right for the age of the guys who put them away to "restore" later to move them on to new homes. Not a flood of them by all means, but enough that they will be available for a much more fair price then they have in the past. Plus when you look at the price of finished Hemi's and Six packs, they have come down a lot. I'll be curious to see what some of the Hemi's and Six Packs do this January at the big auctions.

Cody, did you talk to the owner of the car? I'm not in the market for it. It would sit here for years before I got to it.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Cody. I'm not in the market for it. I have 2 6 packs and a convertible in the works right now. The area where I live is becoming crime ridden. I am better putting my money into a new location so I can safely keep my cars. I do agree with you on all your points. I hope you get it. I would like to see it redone. I was questioning things because at every turn it seemed the owner was not available.

68427vette

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only spoke with his brother Ron. Seemed nice enough, but I will be honest I don't think anyone is going to pay 60K in this market. I hope I'm wrong and the prices have taken a major change upward, however I have not seen any evidence of the prices moving upward.

Did you make an offer? If you want, I'll step out of the way.... it's no biggie to me. I've got another 70 Hemi Challenger deal I'm working on and much like you I have at least 3 projects in front of it so it will sit for about 2-3 years before I get to it. I do believe that the next 10 years will prove to be a great time to be a Mopar fan as these rare type of cars will continue to come out of barns. Stashes of parts and projects will be available as the timing is right for the age of the guys who put them away to "restore" later to move them on to new homes. Not a flood of them by all means, but enough that they will be available for a much more fair price then they have in the past. Plus when you look at the price of finished Hemi's and Six packs, they have come down a lot. I'll be curious to see what some of the Hemi's and Six Packs do this January at the big auctions.

i must be the "other guy" :icon_pidu: i agree 100% with you Cody!! i also have 4 of my six pack cars in my shop., prices are in the tank,, but l'm in it for the long haul, aka, for my wife's retirement when i'm 6 ft under:angel7: and also for my kid:sign19: girl!! Plus i love the cars, and love working on them!!!:love7: i just cant believe this car doesnt have a DANA under it..:BangHead: later my friend..:icon_dwarf:

i really love this other hemi car also,, race history, 4sp, dana, b5 b5, been for sale for a long time. a few years i think..

http://mmautoclassics.blog.com/2011...-dodge-rt-hemi-challenger-very-very-rare-car/

Last edited:

C O D Y

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen that car and spoke to the owner about a year or so ago. It's one of the two Hemi's cars that they pulled out of Hawaii and it's super rusty as you know. He started off at a real high price like near 100k and has dropped it every few months. I bought a R/T Challenger from Shawn many years ago and when I last spoke to him he was trying to get near what he paid (don't think he'll get it). You probably already know that the block he says is an un-stamped warranty block... is not. There's a lot of research I would do first if you're going to buy that Challenger. If I was you I would buy this one in this thread. Better car and project, but I'm like you.... auto, no Dana, no shaker and a numbers matching trans that might not even be usable. Doesn't excite me when I look at the price for what you get. Cool car, but someone has to want it bad enough to over pay.

i really love this other hemi car also,, race history, 4sp, dana, b5 b5, been for sale for a long time. a few years i think..

http://mmautoclassics.blog.com/2011...-dodge-rt-hemi-challenger-very-very-rare-car/

eyeofhorus01

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hemi challenger

Ok The car is sold as of last night to someone in Iowa
pending deposit now
thanks for all your interest in the car
Ron

68427vette

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen that car and spoke to the owner about a year or so ago. It's one of the two Hemi's cars that they pulled out of Hawaii and it's super rusty as you know. He started off at a real high price like near 100k and has dropped it every few months. I bought a R/T Challenger from Shawn many years ago and when I last spoke to him he was trying to get near what he paid (don't think he'll get it). You probably already know that the block he says is an un-stamped warranty block... is not. There's a lot of research I would do first if you're going to buy that Challenger. If I was you I would buy this one in this thread. Better car and project, but I'm like you.... auto, no Dana, no shaker and a numbers matching trans that might not even be usable. Doesn't excite me when I look at the price for what you get. Cool car, but someone has to want it bad enough to over pay.

thats why i love your threads Cody!! YES yes yes. yea,, ive watched that race car drop, drop, drop,, the market is / has been falling as we all know.. the OP car, very cool car, and it is what it is,, we cant change that... i loved it still, and it was only 6 hours away.. good luck to who ever bought it:love10:.. you'll be married to it for a while:icon_rendeer:

cody and everyone,, have a great christmas!!! later, off to the bank, chester:icon_axe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back