• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'70 Vert - waited long enough...

Cuda416

Reaction score
Nice work! Looks mighty strong and capable of supporting anything thrown at it.

Thanks! i think I've made my goals for having it adjustable and collapsible as well as being stout enough to trust putting my car on it.

A standard box would have been WAY easier obviously but I hated the idea of building one, then having to scrap it, or having a huge box laying around until the next car.

Cuda416

Reaction score
Alright, made one last change. This time to the feet. I realized how high the car was going to be when mounted and decided it was better to have it lower to the ground. I lopped off the feet I'd tacked on and went with this instead. Much simpler and a little over 4 inches lower overall.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    115.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    85.8 KB · Views: 118

Cuda416

Reaction score
Well, aside from needing to paint a couple of small parts (cold got in the way), here is the jig in all it's glory. I was a little concerned with the overall rigidity but after having a floor jack under one corner and seeing the whole thing lift without any twisting, I'm not concerned. The bolts weren't even tight.

The one thing I need to do is to add the "toggles" to the mounting posts, but that will be a fairly easy thing to do.

Attachments

• 20220102_122243.jpg
    20220102_122243.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132

Cuda416

Reaction score
Alright, the time has come so I'm putting this here to help keep me honest. I have no more excuses to not get the cuda on the jig. By Saturday evening I plan on having it mounted and put into place so I can start working on on it...

Now, a thought I had as I was stripping the dash etc out the other day. Since I'm NOT worried about making it "stock", I am considering cloning a 71. I'm going to have to get the entire grill area anyway, and my fenders are "OK" but not perfect. I'm thinking making the changes required to achieve the "look" won't be that much more considering I have a 70 header panel to sell/trade and fenders to so the same. Regardless of how I get the parts I think I'd need....

Grill and mounting hardware
Fenders/gills
Headlight assemblies
Wiring harnesses
Misc trim
Tail Light lenses/trim/Buckets
Front valance etc

Remember, I'm not going for the full monty, just the "look" , and there will be small things I've not lister, but overall, is there anything I'm forgetting?

Last edited:

Cuda416

Reaction score
Alright, the time has come so I'm putting this here to help keep me honest. I have no more excuses to not get the cuda on the jig. By Saturday evening I plan on having it mounted and put into place so I can start working on on it...

Now, a thought I had as I was stripping the dash etc out the other day. Since I'm NOT worried about making it "stock", I am considering cloning a 71. I'm going to have to get the entire grill area anyway, and my fenders are "OK" but not perfect. I'm thinking making the changes required to achieve the "look" won't be that much more considering I have a 70 header panel to sell/trade and fenders to so the same. Regardless of how I get the parts I think I'd need....

Grill and mounting hardware
Fenders/gills
Headlight assemblies
Wiring harnesses
Misc trim
Tail Light lenses/trim
Front valance etc

Remember, I'm not going for the full monty, just the "look" , and there will be small things I've not lister, but overall, is there anything I'm forgetting?
What are you doing with the rear? 70 or71?

It would change as well. As far as I know the only difference is the tail light buckets and lenses. As far as the sides if I stripe it then it will get bill boards

Cuda416

Reaction score
Well it was a good weekend. Buckled down and got the rear end, leaf springs, valance, bumper, k-frame etc off the car and lowered it onto the jig!

Attachments

• 20220227_181604.jpg
    20220227_181604.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
Back