• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda 426 gen 3 / TKO 600 swap

panheadchuck

Reaction score
Well ,
long story short i bought my 71 440 cuda clone on ebay, i got it here and it was a HUGE peice of **** . bad engine , bad trans , firewall and cowl rusted out . you should have seen th ehome made coil overs in the back just WOW.

anyway , shes a factory ac , ps , manual brake car . i decided to upgrade a little , put a new firewall/ upper and lower cowl etc , called up Lenny Melton on SC and had him build a stroked 6.4 with ported heads 11.5:1 compression with a custom cam that sounds like a purple shaft .

im a silver sport and american powertrain dealer so i ordered a tko 600 kit for the car , got a 3:91 center from strange

and called up carl gerst for front and rear suspension.. ( HATE torsion bars )

ill see if i can get some pics put up of the progress so far

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear. Would love to see pictures of the car. Maybe start a Thread on the work your doing. Good Luck. Sounds like it will be a killer car.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Some you get that way.My 1971 Challenger,bought in pieces with the front clip off.Did get burned on it,guy I bought it from said the quarter panels were good and were not.Rusted out after having the old paint blasted off filled up with bondo replacing them.

panheadchuck

Reaction score
here are a couple pics of what im doing

cuda side.jpg

cuda hood.jpg

hemicuda emblems.jpg

hemi.jpg

panheadchuck

Reaction score
change of plans , this 426 is going in my gtx , the fish will get a hell cat redeye swap

panheadchuck

Reaction score
welp , this 426 ended up in my 67 GTX , im now doing a redeye swap

Back