• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 'cuda front brake upgrade

440-6 cuda

Reaction score
Hi all, looking to upgrade my single piston front disc brakes to a 2 or 4 piston with drilled and slotted rotors on my 1971 'cuda. Outside of Wilwood, does anyone know who makes a upgrade kit that uses the factory spindle with 15" factory rims? Everything i find is a conversion kit outside of Wilwood ($950 for rotors and calipers).
Any help would be appreciated!

fasjac

Reaction score
I used Wilwood on my 73. When you say outside of Wilwood, are saying the price is too high? Mine has the factory stuff as it was pwr disc from factory. Yes, they were expensive but, I spent about 600 on these. They work really well. Factory spindles. Not sure about the 70 ap though.
15” wheels fit fine.
DEEFB372-E6B6-4E47-B0C7-EDE5B85FFDFF.jpeg

6958D8F8-E014-49C9-90AF-D57EC300098D.jpeg

440-6 cuda

Reaction score
Hey fasjac, yes they are expensive. The 950 price range is the cheapest i can find for a 71 through Wilwood's web site. Push come to shove i will spend the money but if i can find a good equivalent at a better price i would definitely go that route. I am not drag racing or road racing but the single piston sucks, and when i do get on it they do not stop the car very well.

fasjac

Reaction score
Hey fasjac, yes they are expensive. The 950 price range is the cheapest i can find for a 71 through Wilwood's web site. Push come to shove i will spend the money but if i can find a good equivalent at a better price i would definitely go that route. I am not drag racing or road racing but the single piston sucks, and when i do get on it they do not stop the car very well.
Yea, my previous set up with the first generation purple shaft 509 cam, dual plane rpm manifold and 750 vac sec didn’t work well after getting on it. Due to 4-5” of vacuum. The 500 stroker six pack makes 12-13” vac with comp cam. Brakes work perfectly after gettin on it.
I know some people have had issues with SSBC on other post I’ve read on FBBO and here.

rogue

Reaction score
i used wilwood on both my challenger and my cuda... great kits. I believe you can get them cheaper at summit for instance, than buying directly from wilwood

Back